February 22, 2023

Sharing Another Recipe...

 
How would you like to try a recipe that simple and tasty? It only takes two ingredients. Just TWO. These sweet treats looked like hearts when they finished baking, and they're seriously delicious. I came across the recipe on Instagram a few days ago, and as I had the ingredients in the house, I decided to give it a go.
 
They're called French Palmier Cookies, and the two ingredients are puff pastry and granulated sugar. That's it. There's a little bit of rolling involved, but you won't believe how good they are for minimal effort. They taste like miniature versions of the pastry called "elephant ears" around Wisconsin. They're sweet and slightly crunchy from the melted sugar.

 
Giving credit where credit is due, this recipe is from OurBestBites.com and HERE is the link to the recipe. Sara Wells has lots of delicious recipes on her site, so you may be tempted to visit her again after you make these!

This batch is going to ship to Handsome and his friends, but I'll be getting more puff pastry next time I go out. I do have a recipe to make my own puff pastry, but when Pepperidge Farm makes it so easy, why reinvent the wheel? I'll hold back a few, and as today is Bella's actual Birthday, these will likely be my treat while she and Tag enjoy theirs. Let me know if you try some at your house. I'd love to know what you think.

10 comments:

  1. Oooooo, those look sooooo good!
    Hubby loves Elephant Ears, so he should like these.
    Thank for sharing the recipe.
    Happy Birthday to Bella! :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Let me know what you think when you make them. I had to package them up for Handsome so I wouldn't eat them all! Thanks for the Birthday wishes for our girl.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. mmmm- those look so good!!! Glad you're going to enjoy a special birthday treat along with the birthday girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Good thing there were extras! I packaged them up and shrink-wrapped the container so I wouldn't wolf them all down. I'll definitely be making more!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. HBD to Bella! By the weather report for your area maybe you could build a snowman but he may blow away. Stay safe and inside. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      Thanks for the Birthday wishes! The snow that was falling was that dry, dusty, not-good-for-snowmen kind of snow, but by this morning it was wet and heavy. It would be perfect snowman-making snow. We're being very careful!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: Our Costco sells these most times and they are delicious. I made your Koularakia cookies and I had excellent success with the Firestone batch I rolled and cooked. Then I put the dough in the refrigerator for the next day of baking and the dough at room temp never could form a ball or roll out. It just crumbled. So…I made a peach cobbler and used the crumbled dough as the topping with a little turbinado sugar and it was delicious. Happy Birthday Bella!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I'm glad your cookies turned out. I've never tried refrigerating the dough overnight. Good to know (sorry, at your expense). I'm glad you found a great use for the leftover dough, and that it worked in a new form. Yum! I'll give Bella your Birthday greetings.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Oh these look fabulous. I'm sure everybody enjoyed their birthday treats. I think I have to get some puff pastry next time I'm out. How is your weather?
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      They are so good that I had to package and seal them up before I are them all! Let me know what you think when you make yours.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna