February 23, 2023

A Good Day To Be Indoors...

 
It started snowing on Tuesday, and continued all day yesterday. My weather widget says we've had 19" of snow in the last 24 hours. It seemed to the dogs, cats and me that it was best to be indoors. With all the choices I had for how to spend my day (and Bella's Birthday), I decided to bake to be able to send goodies to Florida.

In addition to the French Palmier cookies I made two days ago, I'll be adding two loaves of fresh bread, half a dozen hamburger rolls, and a tray of brownies with caramel frosting (one of Handsome's favorites). One loaf of bread is for Andy and Shelly, and the long rolls on the lower right are for me. In fact, I ate one of them with slow-cooked roast beef for dinner last night. I had to test them to make sure the rolls I'm sending are up to par, after all.

Bella and Tag enjoyed their pup ice cream (blueberry flavored) and their doggy cookies, too, and Bella got lots of attention all day...when I wasn't in the kitchen.

All in all, I'd say this made for a satisfying and productive day. I cleared the walkway once, but it quickly snowed over again. Heck with it. I'll wait until the snow stops now. We're still expecting more today. sigh Uncle already!

6 comments:

  1. All of those breads look so delicious.
    We haven't had quite as much snow as you, but some.
    I hope it isn't icy out, I have a dental appt in Waukesha today, they confirmed yesterday.
    Stay safe!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I got everything in the mail to Handsome this morning. It was still snowing in Plymouth, and the wind made spots icy. I hope you had an uneventful drive to Waukesha. Stay safe and warm!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. We were supposed to get a storm yesterday into today but it hasn't really happened, at least not here. Other areas got a lot of freezing rain. Your bread looks so yummy! You have certainly mastered the art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      We've got freezing drizzle and more snow today. Just what we don't need. Hope it completely bypasses you and yours. Stay safe and warm.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oh the bread! We had a bit of freezing rain not much to speak of, and next week some snow but that is so far off who really knows until you look out the window.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thank you! Same here. My weather app is almost always wrong. Looking out the window is a better option. Stay safe and warm.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna