February 8, 2023

More For The Show...

I thought I'd share a few finished projects that will be available at the quilt show this weekend. These are all faux leather Cutie Pie Key & CC Carriers. I have Corgis, lots of florals, and a few "on the farm" styles.

I've also added some fun glitter vinyl Cutie Pies, too. It will be fun to see which fabrics will be my best sellers.

 
I also decided to add hanging hardware and crossbody chain straps to four of my Matty Two-Zip Clutches. As you can see from the hardware, the chains are removable to just pop into a handbag, etc. While being on the smaller size, they're also perfect for a cell phone and other essentials to wear as a crossbody. 

I only did four with the hardware to see whether customers prefer it with the side hardware and chain, or if they just want the original version (I have three of those without the chain). I guess I'll have a good idea by Saturday night.

Today I'm making a few of the Bella Tote Bags in cork. I realized I didn't have one of my best sellers in the lineup when I did an inventory of what I have on hand. These will be a quick sew once the fabrics are chosen and cut. I'll show them to you when I finish them.

I realized that I didn't have a nice sign to brand my booth, so I stopped at the printers I used for ages when I had my needlework shop and design business decades ago. They're under new management now (no surprise), so I inquired about the job. I was tickled to learn that I could provide them with my desired information and, after accepting the proof mid-afternoon, was told I could pick it up on Thursday! I guess the stars aligned for that happy news.

We're getting down to the wire now, and I'm in pretty good shape I met with my friend, Cindy G-H, who'll be working with me in my booth, both for setup on Friday, and then all day Saturday. She has a quilt in this show, so I'm looking forward to seeing what she created. I'm getting excited, and so glad it won't be long until the day is here. I guess I'd better get back to work! See you tomorrow.
 

10 comments:

  1. You have gotten a lot done for the show!
    I wish you luck!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Almost finished! Just have to line the seven Bella Totes I sewed on Wednesday, and then I'm finished. Thanks so much for the good wishes.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. It's amazing how much you've accomplished - even working in pain! You are no doubt going to have a few days of complete sloth once the show is over. How I wish I could be there to see your creations in person!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Thanks so much! My hand is actually killing me right now. ugh. More tylenol. Close to the finish line. You can bet I'll be big-time slothing on Sunday! I wish you could be here, too, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. You have accomplished the work of ten people in such a short time. And what will you do with all your spare time after this weekend? Is there even such a thing as spare time? I know it will be a fun and very successful weekend for you.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      I admit, I've been busy! I'm looking forward to a good rest on Sunday...and probably Monday. I'm looking forward to baking some goodies to send to Handsome in Florida, and I have plans to finish the move between the upstairs rooms. I still have sewing things in the closet of the bedroom I now occupy, and clothes in the sewing room closet. Next week, but not right away. lol Thanks for the good wishes!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. They are all very nice. Your sewing machine must have been smoking! 😊 Bonnir

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bonnie:
      I thought I'd broken something on my Jane last week, but figured out the issue and she did her job beautifully. I'll take her to the spa in the next couple weeks for a good once-over. She's definitely earned it. Come to think of it, perhaps I should find a spa, too!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Sherry of createology: Excellent additions to your show inventory. I use my credit card cases every day! I like that you have added the key fob. I have gotten locked out of my house many times because I didn’t have my key and hubby left and locked it. I am glad to hear you have help for your booth. Fingers are crossed for your sell out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Thanks so much! I think the little cases will be popular. Next time, I'll likely add the ID pocket on the back of them, but I think they'll sell out without them. Nothing worse than being locked out, my friend. When I was a younger woman, I had to crawl in through a window because Handsome was out of town. Now, our neighbors have a key in case I get locked out. Cindy will be a huge asset on Friday and Saturday. I'm looking forward to working with her. Oh, selling out surely would be lovely! Fingers crossed.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna