February 16, 2023

New In The Lineup...

 
When I'm bag making, I like to use the same lining fabrics in all my bags, unless I'm doing some specialty ones - like a Harry Potter or Tolkein-themed bag. I just received a shipment of new linings for my next bags. In fact, I really like these so much, I may have to make a bag or two with these as the exterior fabric. I'd just give them a Scotchgard™ treatment after sewing.
 
These are all slub canvas, which is heavier than quilting cotton, therefore not requiring stabilizer to make them more sturdy. I also choose lighter colored fabrics so it's easier to locate the contents of the bag. I rarely use a dark color unless requested for custom bags. I'm looking forward to using these.
 
It's been in the high 30s and 40s since the weekend, and most of the snow that was on the ground has melted. Today, however, we've got another winter weather advisory with snow predicted to fall this afternoon. I sure wish Mother Nature would make up her mind! Morning tea and then Tag, Bella and I have to run out for a few things before the weather turns. See you tomorrow!
 

9 comments:

  1. Nice fabrics.
    Yes, I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind.
    It's been a strange Winter.
    Just when all of the snow melts, we get more.
    The mild weather has been nice though.
    Have fun today!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      The most difficult part is that the ground thaws in between, so it's soft when the snow falls. That means all our gravel driveways get mushy and torn up when plowing after the storms. Lots of muddy paws, too! Stay warm!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. I with commercial manufacturers would consult with you before they do their purse linings. I've long complained about not being able to see inside any I've had. Your new fabrics are perfect!
    Weather here is odd too - been quite warm for a day or two but dull, dull, dull. Sun is a rare thing this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *wish* not *with* - too bad I wouldn't remember to proofread!

      Delete
    2. Hi MA:
      Yes, I knew what you meant. Those black fabric linings are the worst, aren't they? We've had sun and mild temps, but then everything thaws. Muddy paws, shoes, and mushy driveway. Ugh We got slammed with snow on Thursday. I'll be shoveling after I air the dogs. They'll have to wait for breakfast today.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Sunny here but arctic cold. I really like the new fabrics. Especially the flowers and polka dots. Have fun with the crew and I am certain you will find some yummy treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Even though this winter has been rather mild, I'm over it. I'll be shoveling snow again this morning. High winds out of the north have caused some massive snow drifts in front of the garage door. Good times. (Not) Stay warm, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. More great fabric choices, the interior lining is just as important to me as the exterior.
    61 degrees here today, but should really be in the 30's for us this time of the year, rain for
    Friday.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley:
      Thanks! I gravitate toward grays as they'll go with all my corks. With the exception of some of the wilder cork prints, it goes with everything. 40s and sunny last weekend. 20s, windy, cloudy and snowing most of the day on Thursday. I'm over it. Stay snug!
      Happy Friday.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna