July 20, 2022

Sewcial Sisters - July Edition...


I had a great day on Monday with the Sewcial Sisters. I worked on my Everlasting (aptly named, don't you think?) quilt borders, and visited with the ladies. I only took one picture of a quilt (this one) because I really loved the colors. 

After we spent the day together, I drove another half hour from Primitive Gatherings to have dinner with my brother. We sat at a nice bar and grill right on the water and got caught up. I dropped him back at home and then turned for the farmhouse before it got dark. He lives in a high traffic area for deer (I saw them near the road on three different spot just driving him home!), so I wanted to get back to the main highway before they really got moving in the dark. I accomplished my goal and was home and hour and a half later.

I made a cool discovery yesterday that I really want to share with you, but I've decided to do it in a separate post tomorrow. I think it's going to be fun - not only to share, but to tell you what I have in mind. I hope you'll be back tomorrow to see the reveal.

I'm going to keep this short today. I'm going to be working outside for a while, and I think it's best for me to get out there before it gets too warm. I'm just going to grab a big cup of water and I'll be on my way.

6 comments:

  1. The quilt is beautiful.
    Glad you made it home safely.
    We have a lot of deer out here also.
    Can't wait for your reveal!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      We've got the Hickory Hill herd around here, too. The hardest part about leaving the farmhouse is having to see the road casualties when I drive. It hurts my heart. I loved seeing the wild ones full of life. Hope you like the reveal. I think it will be fun.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. That quilt is spectacular! I don't think I've seen that pattern before.
    Glad you combined the trip and got to visit with your brother as well, and very glad that the deer stayed put.
    As for what's coming, can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I'll see if I can get the pattern information from her next month. I see so many cool quilts these ladies create that it's hard to keep the names straight. Time with my little brother is always fun...and not coming in "contact" with the deer was bonus. All will be revealed tomorrow! Hope hope you find it fun, too.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: The quilt is stunning. Oh I look forward to your share tomorrow! I shall spend my day cleaning and grocery shopping. JOY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      Spent my morning at the clinic for unexpected lab work. Nothing too uncomfortable that a little antibiotic can't cure. (If you get my drift. sigh) Have fun with your homekeeping. Big reveal in the morning!
      Hugs, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna