July 11, 2022

Celebrating Our Graduate...

Another reminder of why we're so glad we moved back to Wisconsin. On Saturday afternoon, we celebrated our elder granddaughter's high school graduation. The ceremony was held in June. She and her folks decided it would be just the four of them attending the actual high school gratuation event, so we didn't learn until later that she graduated cum laude. We're so proud of her!

Family and friends gathered for an outdoor party at her parent's home (our younger son and his beautiful wife), and the weather couldn't have been more perfect. There was plenty of sunshine with a gentle breeze, great food, and easy conversation. We had a delightful time visiting with both her friends, and her parent's friends - some of whom we've come to know and love over the years - and some new acquaintances for us.

You knew I'd get photographs for you, right? Well, I didn't let you down. The first is a photo I'll cherish of both our granddaughters with Grandpa and Grandma, and a wonderful photograph of the graduate with her Grandpa. This one melts my heart.

So, I'll close today's post with a warm "Congratulations, Granddaughter! We're so proud of you and the young woman you're becoming." 

I'll be back to see you on Wednesday. The short guy with attitude will be back to chat with you tomorrow. I bet you can hardly wait. wink

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to your Granddaughter.
    Great family pics.
    Can't wait to hear from Tag.:)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much. You know he'll be cranky, right? He's like a little old man. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Graduating is something definitely worth celebrating and so nice that you could get together in person. Does she know where she plans to head next? It's scary to contemplate moving away for further learning but I'm sure she will do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Grandpa and I were just talking about how much she's matured and changed over the past couple of years. She's going to attend Concordia College (close to home) for the foreseeable future. She had options, cut chose this one. Even though she's close, she'll likely stay in the dorms. We're so excited to see the next phase of her life.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Huge congratulations on her cum laude graduation. Priceless Family photos. So wonderful to be close by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Sherry. We did enjoy out time with them, so the photographs are pure bonus. I agree. Being close is the best!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna