July 5, 2022

Tuesdays With Tag - I Give Up...


 Hi, Everybody!

I hope everybody had a great holiday weekend. I spent lots of time outside with Mom, watchin' her work in the yard, and just hangin' out.

Sunday, she and Dad got busy pullin' weeds and tidyin' up the place. They mowed the yard, and then Mom took a shower, came back downstairs and took me out on the porch with her to take in the view (and admire their handwork.) They still have the front terrace to finish - they're tryin' to decide what they want to do there - so don't look too close at those weeds.

So, anyway, she was lookin' so relaxed, I decided to jump up on the chaise to join her. It wasn't long before Madame Purrsalot sauntered over and crawled up next to me casual-as-you-please! At least, Crystal is too shy to curl up with me, too! (Thank Heaven for small blessin's.)

Yes. I voiced a couple objections, to no avail. Mom was so comfy, I didn't want to upset the applecart, so I just flat gave up. I decided as long as Miss Hissypants didn't punch me in the face, I wouldn't cause a ruckus.

She curled up against my butt (sheesh), started purrin', and went to sleep. I looked at Mom and she just smiled, so obviously I wasn't gonna get an assist from her! So, what did I do?

I gave up is what I did! I watched the farmer makin' hay in the field. I listened to the chipmunks and birds, and I caught some scents on the breeze. I was worth it. After a while, Mom said it was time to make dinner. She fed the Barn Girls while Dad fed us, and then she made dinner for her and Dad.

Kind of a perfect holiday, wouldn't you say? Just another episode of Hickory Hill Farm's version of "All Creatures, Great and Small". sigh

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then... 
"Been There, Chewed That!"



8 comments:

  1. I'm glad you shared Mom & your spot with kitty, Tag.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      I mostly share with Mom. The cat pretty much butted in. I liked bein' there, so I made believe I just had a fuzzy butt warmer. lol
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Very nice of you to share your spot - there's always room for one more. I'd say you have a pretty idyllic location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      It's not really like I had much choice. If she could have, that stoopid cat would have crawled right on top of me and settled in. sheesh I think you're right. It's hard to be grouchy with our view.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. I just love these pics! So proud of you, Tag, that you are graciously sharing all of your blessings with Madame Purrsalot (-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Lois:
      It was kinda nice, even if I hate to admit it in public. Mom likes these pictures, too. CLAWdette sure does like to purr, too.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. sherry of createology: Tag I love seeing the photos of you and Mom and Clawdette all snuggled together. The world would be a much nicer place if everyone would come together and co-exist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      We all completely agree with you...but seriously? Claudette? Oh, alright. I can do it.
      Big Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna