July 23, 2022

Isn't This Dreamy?...

 
 
While scrolling through Instagram for inspiration a few days ago, I came across this image from @designermumetc. I've been searching for new stock tanks in the taller versions for my raised bed garden planned for next year, and saw this soaking pool created using a round one. They're actually all the rage right now. Did you know? Stock tanks of all types are scarce, too, because I'm not the only one who wanted to have a home garden. People have already beat me to the punch, and now I'm looking all over for them.
 
I worked outdoors yesterday. Remember I told you that we neglected to put down weed barrier when the handmen helped weed our terrace flower beds. When it's not too hot outside, I've been raking back the mulch, pulling weeds, and then rolling out barrier. Then I rake the mulch back over the top. So far, I'm about half finished. The dang thistles will be the death of me. (Not really. I'm being overly dramatic for effect. lol)
 
I pulled weeds and laid barrier for a few hours, until the sun was so hot I needed to stop. I don't fret about burning this time of year. I've been exposed enough by now, and thanks to Dad, I have a darker skin tone than my fair-skinned mum. But, I also inherited his propensity for perspiration. My glasses and clothes get drenched, and finally I cry "uncle", and give in.
 
According to my Noom app, my step goal for yesterday was 5,000 steps. That's a bump up from the day before, because I've been surpassing my previous days' goals. By bedtime, I'd walked 8,144 steps. That's comparable to 3.5 miles! Yay, me!

Needless to say, it would have been nice to hop into a nice, cool pool like the one above to counteract the heat of the day. I'm pretty sure the dogs and Handsome would like it, too. I'm not giving up. I think this is still doable. 

I'm heading over to Portage for this month's craft day today. I have no idea what the project is, but I'm sure it will be fun just being with dear friends. I'll share our creations on Monday. I'm going to grab a quick breakfast and take my coffee with me. Gotta fly! Later, my dears...

6 comments:

  1. Methinks you need two of these - one for plants and one for a pool! Sure is a cheap way to create a pool (but then again, I have no clue as to the value of one of these things - no doubt they're not cheap).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie-
      They’re not as expensive as I ground pools, but the 10-12’ diameters are over $600. I’d still love one to float around in. They have a lot of the same maintenance and would need to be drained for the winter. A girl can dream.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Sherry of createology: Oh YES! This cool pool looks so serene and refreshing. You definitely need this and Hickory Hill Famhouse really deserves this treasured spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way you think, Sherry!
      ❤️
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Oooo, that setup is so pretty.
    I hope you find what you want.
    It's VERY hot & humid today.
    Congrats on your Noom progress.
    Have fun crafting!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn-
      I thought so, too! I’ll keep dreaming. Garden tanks come first. Hope the storms weren’t too bad for your area yesterday.
      ☺️
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna