July 15, 2022

Happiness In A Small (-ish) Package...

You may notice a little something different in the pantry these days. I was spending way too much time watching a few camper-related reels on Instagram a few weeks ago and noticed a handy contraption one of the families had installed into their rig. I read through the comments until I found an answer to the question, "Where did you get that, and what's it called?". I followed links until I located the portable, countertop, mini dishwasher I'd seen in the video.

We don't have much counter space so we wanted to be sure of dimensions, etc. before jumping into a purchase. After doing a little research, Handsome and I decided we needed to order one. The best deal (and the unit that would fit into our space) is a Comfee™ Portable Countertop Mini Dishwasher. 


This one isn't plumbed, although it probably could be. It comes with a 5L built-in water tank that we fill before each use. There are six programs, 360º dual sprayers, 192º F high temperature and air-dry function. It's perfect for our needs. 

It easily fits dishware and silverware for two people, freeing up some sink time for us. Just load, add soap, and pick your setting. Oh, and we need to remember to place the drain hose into the sink, so we don't hose down the entire pantry.

You know we filled it and ran it within an hour! It works like a dream, and takes some of the pressure off Handsome and me when it comes to doing the dishes. I fully understand that I'm one lucky girl, and I just had to share my excitement. Thanks for jumping up and down with me.

8 comments:

  1. Never saw one of those.
    It looks handy for 2 people.
    Great find!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn;
      Considering we really don't have a spot for a full-size or down-sized regular dishwasher, this has worked out to be a perfect solution. It works great, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Never knew tiny little dishwashers existed - such an adorable & useful little contraption!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lois:
      It is cute, isn't it?! I'm really happy with the expenditure. We've been washing everything by hand for nearly 7 years, and although we still need to wash sharp knives, pots & pans, and storage plastic, it still is a great piece of technology for us. Most times, we only need to run a few dishes, and I don't always want to go through filling a dishpan and using a whole lot more than 5 liters to get them clean. (The dishwasher only takes 5 liters in its reservoir and heats the water, too!)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. I hope you continue to love it! Our kids gave us one when we moved into this apartment but we really had no place to store it (very !! small kitchen with precious little countertop space). By the time we hauled it from the storage room, set it up, loaded it, and then unloaded it and hauled it back into the storage room it was a royal pain. If we had space in the kitchen for it we would have loved it I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I think if we had to pull it out and put it away every time, it would be a real pain, but ours is set up full-time right on the counter. I'm grateful we can just have it in this spot. It's really a bit too big to be lugging it around. Part of our discussion surrounding the decision to get one was making sure it could be in a spot and that we wouldn't be giving up too much. Those pantry counters are so low that 6'5" Handsome and 5'7" me aren't really comfortable working there, so it was a better use of space for us. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Sherry of createology: This is just right for one or two people. I have a full size Asko and only use it for dinner parties. I always hand wash everything. Happy things do come in small sizes…Tag is proof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I get it. Sometimes it's easier to just wash everything up, but I admit, I use an awful lot of water that way. I wanted to save my hands (especially in the winter), and conserve water, too. Win/Win. I'm tickled with it. (You're right about Tag, that silly little guy!)
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna