July 14, 2022

Nothin' Says Lovin'...


If you're of a certain age, you'll know that the title of today's post is the beginning of the lyrics for an old commercial jingle for Pillsbury. I'm using part of it today because nothing makes me happier than seeing the expressions on the faces of loved ones when they enjoy something I've created with my own hands.

My husband thinks that my ability to create bread is a magical power. He enjoys watching me combine ingredients that transform into something he deems delicious. He's always grateful for my efforts, and I always feel so appreciated by his reactions.

I did what I said I was going to do today. I put up just over a pint of beautiful black raspberries into a tasty preserve, in between proof segments for the bread. I ended up with just shy of four 4 ounce jars of this beautiful mixture.

I also made four loaves, plus one shy of a dozen sesame rolls. I think there are grilled hamburgers in our near future. 

Everything was finished by 5 pm. I cleaned up and headed to town to watch Handsome's concert in the park, and when the beautiful evening of music was over, ran to the grocery store before coming home. Grocery shopping isn't as much fun lately. I look at the prices, knowing I'll cringe when the total is rung up. Between that and partially empty shelves, well...let's just say I'm looking more and more optimistically at having a garden for a full season next year.

Rather than concentrating on the end of the day, I'll instead happy dance all over the rest of my day. There's always something for which I'm grateful. That's what I'll focus on. 

3 comments:

  1. The preserves look so delicious, the breads also.
    I cringe at the grocery store also. :(
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete

  2. I'd love to tuck my feet under your table and sample a slice of that bread with some of that lovely-looking jam! I'd say your efforts were worthwhile.
    As for the grocery store, we usually rely on curbside pickup now and I have been surprised that mostly everything we've needed has been in stock. We don't buy pre-made things and generally scratch cook which does keep the costs somewhat down. I wonder how much of the increase is due to price gouging on the part of manufacturers though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: So delicious looking is your bread and preserves. I can see why Handsome thinks you are magical. Concert in the park with Handsome playing…sounds like a wonderful way to enjoy an evening. As for grocery shopping…Yikes! Hubby and I just spent $390 on some food items in one week. We were out of most everything after traveling. That is almost my entire month budget for groceries! And a tank of regular gasoline was $101.65 which used to be about $60. What are we retired folks going to do?!! I do feel blessed in spite of it all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna