July 16, 2022

Farmhouse Herbs...

I harvested these beautiful herbs on Thursday and they're bundled and drying in the pantry now. The whole kitchen smells of lavender, sage, rosemary, and thyme. (I know. You're humming another song again, aren't you?)

We awoke to a glorious, steady rain yesterday morning. We really needed it, so there were no complaints. Another few days wouldn't be unwelcomed, either.

I'm not sure what I'll do today. We stayed up until after 1 am, watching the Brewers stellar closer, Josh Hader give up the game in the final inning with a grand slam by the Giants. We were ahead for a good portion of the game, so his job was to protect our win for the final half of the inning. It all fell apart. He fell apart.

It was so frustrating to see him struggling. He was so disgusted at the end of the game that he left the field and headed straight to the locker room. It won't be a fun trip home from San Francisco for him, for sure. 

Have you figured out that I'm a die-hard baseball (Milwaukee Brewers) fan? I love the art and finesse of the game. It's so much fun to watch...except for last night. Ugh

So, I may just stay close to home and relax today. It's not like I don't have things to occupy myself without leaving the farmhouse or grounds. I'm going to grab a cup of coffee and mull over my options. It's the weekend! I hope you enjoy it, too.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm, I can almost smell those herbs.
    Sorry for the Brewers loss.
    We had torrential rains most of the day yesterday.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're baseball fans too, but we cheer for the Blue Jays (after all, we're Canadian!).
    The herbs look (and no doubt smell) heavenly. We always freeze ours in ice cube trays with a little water. Tried drying them once a long time ago and ended up with a colony of spiders that took up residence (obviously one must have come in when we gathered the herbs). That sort of turned us off of drying them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry of createology: Fresh herbs are the best smell! I have a basil plant sitting on my counter and I love the smell. Sorry your baseball team lost. Enjoy your day no matter what you end up doing. XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna