July 9, 2022

I Like Dreaming...

I pulled more wools yesterday. Do you know how I'll be using them? (Your hint is in the background) I'm dreaming about doing more Whimsical Strawberries soon. Don't worry. I'll finish the Everlasting quilt top first.

I must have slept funny. I woke up with a hitch in my back. I walked like the letter "S" all day, and was glad when Handsome got home so he could take over dog duty. 

I took most of the day "off" - except for letting the dogs out, and back in again - and binge watched "The Lost Kitchen" episodes on discovery+. I'm hooked. Something about this series struck a chord with me, and I was surprised at how emotional I felt watching it. I have no explanation why, but I know I'll look forward to watching more episodes. I started with Season 1-Episode 1, and got to Episode 6 before I started to feel guilty about not accomplishing a darn thing all day. However, I was inspired to create a nice dinner for my dear husband after he got home.

 

Here's a view of the Windjammer's circus band - from the percussionist's perspective. Handsome took it from his throne at the back of the band while the conductor was speaking with the audience. He had a good time, and I'm glad he's safely back home.

We're heading to #2 Son's home today to celebrate #1 Granddaughter's high school graduation today. Handsome and I are looking forward to seeing everyone and partying with the crew. It should be a lot of fun, and you know I'll be taking lots of pictures. 

I'd better close so I can enjoy coffee (and breakfast) before I wrap up the graduate's gift. I'll be back with some spiritual inspiration tomorrow. Have a great Saturday!

PS. Hope you like the song reference in my post title today. wink

9 comments:

  1. Those wools are going to make some pretty berries.
    Glad there was good weather for the concert.
    Have fun at the party!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      I think so, too! I'm glad they had good weather, but Handsome was exhausted when he got home. We had a great time at the party. Photos to follow on Monday's post.
      Hope you have a great week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. So sorry about your back - not fun. But on the good side you discovered a good show, so there's that. We've been binge watching 'Murdock Mysteries' on Netflix and am happy to say that Resident Chef is now hooked (only took him 15 seasons of the show to discover it might be worth watching).
    Enjoy the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      I wish I knew the trigger for this darn malady. As of Sunday night, it was still bugging me, but thankfully not as severe. I've never seen the Murdock Mysteries, but will look into that program, too. I am loving {the} Lost Kitchen a LOT! Party was great. Photos on Monday.
      Wishing you a great week.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
    2. Murdock Mysteries is a Canadian production but well worth watching if you can find it. There are at least 15 seasons and we've been binge watching all of them. It's set in the early 1900's so interesting to see some of the inventions and, of course, the costuming!

      Delete
    3. It sounds intriguing! I'll definitely check it out. Thanks again!!

      Delete
  3. Sherry of createology: Oh a painful back is not good. Ice and rest is what I do. I immediately saw your wools and thought of your whimsical leaves for your gorgeous strawberries. Enjoy your weekend and family gathering. Congratulations to your Graduate Granddaughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry:
      I agree. ugh I tried to rest it more on Sunday, but Handsome found a garden sprayer on Marketplace that we had to have, so we got in the truck and drove 1.5 hours each way to pick it up. The ride did absolutely no favors to my back. Not back to Square One, thankfully. I should be better on Monday. Fingers crossed. You're right! I think the wools will make pretty strawberries, too. I'll have fun deciding which plants and flowers to use with each one. heehee. Thanks so much for the congrats. It really was a fun party.
      Hope your week is wonderful, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Hello Marilyn,
    I’ve been searching high and low for this type of felted wool with absolutely no luck! Where do you get yours? Thank you, MicheleTimms at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna