August 21, 2021

Garden Gifts From A Friend...

Brynwood Needleworks - Seashell Garden Pik
 
I received a lovely gift in the mail from my dear friend, Sharon. We "met" many years ago through our blogs and our mutual affection for Corgis. In fact, when Handsome and I traveled to Williamsburg, VA ten years ago (I wrote about it HERE), she and I met up with her Arabelle and my Tag. It was a delightful day. I can hardly believe it was already ten years ago! Tag was just a puppy. How time flies.

Although she doesn't write much on her blog, Corgis In My Garden, anymore, we manage to stay in touch via Facebook and Instagram. She regularly shares images of her pups, and her home and gardens. Her summer-decorated porches are breathtaking.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Seashell and Seeds

When she shared pictures of her garden pik, I commented that I thought it was lovely. She contacted me and asked if I'd like one. YES, PLEASE! So, she sent one of her lovely fairy seashell piks, and some cleome seeds from her own garden. She told me they were her childhood favorites, and asked for hollyhock seeds in return. 
 
I'm working on a little surprise to include with the seeds, and will have her package on its way early next week.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Cleome (Image ©TTSeeds.com)

In case you're not familiar with cleomes, here is a photograph I found on the internet. Sharon said hers are pink, so I can't wait to plant them into the garden here next spring. Of course, I'll be weeding the garden first so they can really shine.

I'm still working on my embroidered table mat. I'm going to take a suggestion to try a wider lace than what I shared yesterday, so I'm auditioning some of the selections I have here to see if any of mine will work. 

I'll be busy with Handsome tomorrow, but I'll definitely stitch over the weekend. I do have a few things up my sleeve to show you on Monday. Of course, I'll choose a timely scripture with you tomorrow. Be well, my dears.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. That garden pick is so pretty & different.
    Those are some pretty flowers & will add more color to your garden next Spring.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      In fact, it’s larger and more wonderful in person than I even expected.
      I’m looking forward to planting the cleomes. Sharon’s are wonderful in her garden this year.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Another lovely gift in your mailbox. We grew cleomes all the time and they are one of my favourites (mind you, I say that about a lot of flowers!!).
    ps...I noticed in the comments from yesterday you mentioning that you were trying to cover ink by adding the lace. Another suggestion (I know - go ahead and shoot the messenger!) .... if you need to add the lace to the outside vs tucking it into the seamline, I've sometimes used two layers of lace with one being like the one you showed and then a narrow piece of trim (a pretty braid for instance) to cover the part of the wider one that would normally be tucked into the seam. Make one bit of sense???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MA-
      Makes perfect sense! Thanks for the suggestion. It’s got me stalled right now. I could kick myself for my rookie mistake. Ideas to remedy (as in beautifully hide it) are greatly appreciated.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna