August 12, 2021

Gobsmacked and Grateful...

Brynwood Needleworks - Brenda Riddle's "Cottage Linen Closet" Fabric Line
 
Brenda Riddle is the creative force behind Acorn Quilt and Gift Company. We've followed each other's blogs and lives for a long time. We keep in touch through Instagram and Facebook, too, now.
 
Recently, she posted photographs of her newest, luscious fabric line called "Cottage Linen Closet", and I commented that I was "in love" with it. Soon after, she sent me a private message asking for my "new" (farmhouse) address, so I gave it to her.
 
Yesterday, a box arrive and when I opened it I was so excited. Bren sent me a fat quarter assortment of her new line, along with a lovely little tin I can use for needles, or just about anything. 

Brynwood Needleworks - "Cottage Linen Closet" Fat Quarter Assortment
 
Bren's notes about this line perfectly describe the individual prints and colors. You can visit her online journal HERE to read all about her inspiration for this line. She's truly a girl after my own heart.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - "It Is Well With My Soul" Tin

She also included this lovely little tin, which after the health issues I've had in the past twelve months, couldn't be more perfect. "It is well with my soul" is so true. 
 
I'm absolutely going to execute one of Bren's quilt patterns to use this fabric, but I'm also working on something special for her to thank her (and she'll get a tiny bit of this fabric back in the process).
 
Thank you, dear friend. Hugs to you and sweet Emmie. 
(Tag, Bella and Carly send their love, too.)
Much love from this grateful heart to yours.

DonnaAcornSignature

13 comments:

  1. OMG! Those fabrics are soooooo pretty!
    Can't wait ti see what you make with them.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Aren't they? I'm looking forward to finding just the right projects for them.
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful gift! Enjoy it, and I can’t wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! What a wonderful gift!!!! I know that she's aware that you will put it to very good use and not waste even one little scrap. Those fabrics are so luscious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      You're so right! I won't waste an inch of these lovely fabrics. Thanks for the note, hon.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Donna what a truly lovely gift. That tin is so wonderful. I have always loved that hymn. Have fun creating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie:
      I really was tickled when I opened my package. Thanks, dear. The tin really is lovely, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Ooh!! Brenda Riddle fabrics are my favorite! I'm off to do some shopping. Have fun with your new stash!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sunny:
      Mine, too! I'm especially excited because this line is only now available to the shops to order. I'm sure if you follow along on Brenda's blog/journal, she'll let you know when it can be purchased. (I'm going to follow along, too, so I know when I'll be able to get the backing fabric for the as-yet-undecided-pattern quilt I'll make with this stack.)
      Have fun checking out her online shop. I'm sure you'll find something you can't resist!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  6. This fabric line is delightful and I adore it. How sweet that she gifted all of it to you. She knows you will do justice to her fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna