August 14, 2021

A (Near) Future Pincushion...

Brynwood Needleworks - Rose Embroidery WIP

This embroidery is just waiting to be finished into a pincushion. I've chosen the main fabric, and will add a few others to sew together. I'm planning to do that over the weekend. 

The weather was perfect for helping Handsome get the yard mowed yesterday. I operated the riding mower, and he did the handwork. We're supposed to have more moderate temperatures and sunshine today, so I'm going to try to get some of the hollyhocks trimmed and tamed. The heavy rains and wind we had last week really wore them down. They're dropping seeds all over the walkway to our front door - to say nothing of the nine foot stems that now bend over the walk. I'll harvest some of the seeds, and the rest will go down to "the habitat" where the birds can eat them.

Of course, when I'm in the house, I'll be needle dancing. I'll show you my project progress on Monday. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your weekend, too!

DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. The soft colors are so pretty on the linen.
    Yes, the weather has finally been nice, cooler with no storms for 2 beautiful days.
    Today looks promising too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much! I'm really enjoying this weather. Perfect temps during the day, and cooler for sleeping. It's the best!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a great weekend planned - just don't over do it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      I was very careful. I only spent about an hour outdoors, and got a lot (although not as much as I would have liked) done. There'll be other days. I wanted to make sure I didn't do too much, and I can safely say, I accomplished my goal. lol
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna