August 7, 2021

Working On A Strawberry...

Brynwood Needleworks - Strawberry Sachet Hollyhocks

I began work on this last evening. I'm embroidering a strawberry sachet for a friend who loved the hollyhocks (as much as I do). I'm hoping to have it completed over the weekend, and then I can send it on its way early next week.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Strawberry Sachet Hollyhocks Detail
 
I'm not finished with all the details on this yet, and there will certainly be more stems as I've only begun the embroidery. I have centers to stitch for some of these blossoms, and then I'll move to the left to start more plants. 
 
I think my best gardening efforts involve thread. The hollyhocks outside have taken on a life of their own and they're thriving in spite of me, but I like that I really don't have to weed the flowers I stitch. It's definitely easier on the knees. lol 
 
Speaking of knees...I think my injection is helping. At least I'm not suffering the reaction I had from the cortisone! I believe the swelling prior to the injection is actually diminished, and I am having an easier time getting around. The doctor said it could take up to a month for me to see and feel the effects, so I think I'll just pamper my knee to be safe. Thanks to everyone for their prayers, thoughts, and concern. I really appreciate it!

DonnaAcornSignature

10 comments:

  1. Your embroidery is beautiful! So happy you’re feeling better. Prayers continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Bonnie.
      Weekend hugs.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Those Hollyhocks are beautiful!
    I'm glad you have some relief with the injection.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Marilyn.
      I'm so glad, too. I hope it continues to improve.
      Blessings,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Another pretty from your talented fingers! So glad to hear that the injection seems to be working and no doubt you're right to continue to take care of your knee until you're sure it has taken full effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Maggie.
      I'll be sure to behave! It's still a bit sore, but not like it was.
      I'm so glad!
      Happy Weekend!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. These stitched Hollyhocks are as lovely as the ones in your garden. So thankful to hear your knee is reacting much better to the gel injection. You are wise to continue to be careful so the medicine can fully work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Sherry.
      Yes, dear. When I got the cortisone, I had to sit on my butt to go up and down stairs. Not this time. It's still bone-on-bone, worse than a year ago, but the gel is supposed to lubricate the joint to help with that. I'm thinking it's going to work. Fingers crossed. I'll absolutely be careful.
      Big Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Your embroidery is absolutely gorgeous! How did you learn to do such detailed stitches?And cortisone does wonders, I had an injection in my trigger thumb and it took almost a month, but the pain and soreness are gone!You are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,Kelly!
      I've been doing needlework, in one form or another since I was 11. That's officially 55 years. I've been tutored and mentored by so many wonderful needleworkers, that some of it just stuck, I guess. Even after all these years, I keep learning and practicing.
      I had the cortisone, and my knee reacted badly. I guess the doctor called it a steroid or arthritic flare. It was awful. I was concerned that the same thing would happen with the gel, but I'm really out of options, as I have to wait for a knee replacement until my other ongoing issue is resolved. That's been four surgeries in the past year, and continues to be a problem. sigh That's why I'm so glad that this gel seems to be working. My husband had a trigger finger, and he finally went in for a procedure. He's a percussionist and wasn't able to hold his drumsticks, so he needed something done right away. I'm so glad the cortisone worked for you. It's a wonder drug for so many. I guess my system just didn't like it.
      Thanks so much for leaving your note. I really appreciate it.
      Blessings,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna