August 16, 2021

A Productive Weekend...

Brynwood Needleworks - Floral Mat Progress

First, let me apologize for sharing a photo taken late at night under my work lamp. I promise the next image will be taken during daylight hours, with natural light. While my work lamp is great for helping me see what I'm doing, it's awfully harsh light, and makes the colors appear more vibrant than they actually are.

That being said, I made quite a bit of progress over the weekend. I did manage to spend a bit of time outdoors - trimming back the hollyhocks - but one of my current medications is sun-sensitive, so I was very careful to limit my time and exposure. As a result, I didn't finish as much as I wanted to in the kitchen garden, but discretion was the better part of valor in this case. I can get the rest taken care of on the next cloudy day.

I was able to spend more time with a needle and thread in my hand, so you can see what I managed to get done as of last night. I have a few homekeeping things to do this morning, but then I'll get back to this. Of course, Tag will be back to chat with you tomorrow, and I'll be here again on Wednesday. Hard to believe it's the beginning of another week, and we're already halfway through August. I'd better get busy!

DonnaAcornSignature

10 comments:

  1. So beautiful.
    i spent time outside too, pulling weeds & overgrowth from all of the recent Rain!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      The weather has been just perfect for outside tasks. Glad you could get out a bit, too.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Beautiful piece! Looking forward to seeing the finish. I can only take the summer sun and heat a short time before I’m done! I never seem to finish in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      I should finish up the embroideries to be able to do the sewing this week. I don't miss Florida weather. It was waaayyy too hot for this gal. This weather in Wisconsin has been wonderful. My knee (and my current meds) are keeping me from most of my favorite tasks right now. It's frustrating, for sure. On the bright side, I get to stitch!
      Take care,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a perfect weekend to me. The results of your dancing needle and threads are looking great. Now I wonder what they will 'grow up' to be....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Maggie:
      I'm thoroughly enjoying the process. Hoping to finish this project this week so you can see it.
      Have a good week!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Donna, your work is always so beautiful! I'm glad you got some outside time this weekend! I always love working in my garden, but I just wish the humidity would leave here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, Sherri:
      You're so sweet to say so. Being outside and doing a little gardening was wonderful. I think I need one of those garden sitting/rolling carts. It might make my life a little easier. We're fortunate that it hasn't been humid lately. It's in the mid-70's to mid-80's daily and in the 50-60s at night...perfect sleeping weather. We only had a week or so of really humid weather, so Handsome and I brought in the floor air conditioner for the main floor. That ought to keep the warm weather away now. lol
      Hugs,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  5. Your 3 dimensional flowers are beautiful! Can you reccommend a good embroidery book that I could purchase to learn those techniques? Thanks so much, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly:
      Thanks for asking. I don’t know whether or not you’re on Instagram, but there are a number of needle artists who post videos of these techniques. Sina Crafts does incredible pieces, and I perfected my technique watching her.
      Hope that helps!
      xo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna