August 24, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - Well, Would You Look At This...

 
Brynwood Needleworks - It Was Bound To Happen
 
Hi, Everybody!
 
Mom says this was bound to happen. I went outside just to do my business and look who was waitin' for me! Our eyes met, and we checked each other out...peacefully. No fussin'. No barkin'. No hissin'. No fightin'. No problems.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - No Fear
 
Stoopid Cat is actually Smooth Cat. She seems to like me, and she loves bein' close to Mom whenever she's outside. So, we came to a meetin' of the minds.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Coexisting

She can be out where I can see her. She can follow Mom around while I snuffle in the yard. That way, I can be where she can see me, I can see her, and everybody's singin' Kumbaya. We're cool.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Going Back To Their Own Corners

Except for one thing...Boo was lookin' out the back storm door the whole time, and she finally couldn't stand it anymore. She started barkin' at Claudette, and that caused Kitty-Puss to bolt across the yard. She was fine concentratin' on me, but that barkin' startled her. 
 
Of course, once she started runnin', I felt it was my duty to chase her back to the barn. (You'll notice she didn't jump behind the door. She's really not afraid of me.) Yeah. I shouldn't have been runnin'. I limped back to the house and Mom gave me a good scoldin'. Guess Cat's not the only Stoopid one outside that day.
 
Mom hasn't taken any pictures, but Claudette has taken to sleepin' overnight on the chaise lounge on our front porch now, too. She's all the way around on the side furthest from the door we use, so Boo and The Kid have no idea she's there. When we turn off the lights at night, Mom just says goodnight to her through the screen, and Claudette curls up and closes her eyes. She's safe and comfy, and in a nice dry spot if it rains a little overnight. Mom thinks it's sweet. Dad's not a fan. It's cool with me, and what the Labradors don't know won't hurt 'em.
 
I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!"

8 comments:

  1. Kitty wanted to be our friend!
    I love that she sleeps on the porch at night.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      I think you're right. Maybe we'll end up bein' real pals. I don't mind if she's on the porch. Tonight, she was chasin' frogs on the driveway. (They got away...or she let 'em get away.) It looked like fun!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Good for you Tag - and good for kitty too. You can never have enough friends. Now you just have to convince the other two that they need the same. And...Tag....do remember that running is not good for you right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss MA:
      That's so true! We think she needs us, too. Well, maybe not the black dogs, but we'll keep workin' on them. Don't worry. Mom's makin' sure I behave.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. Way to go, Tag! Got too excited about the new friend though. Hope your leg is better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Andrea:
      I'm tryin' to take it slowly, but sometimes I can't help myself. Mom's makin' me behave.Thanks for worryin' about me. I really appreciate that.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Tag you and your friend Claudette are a lovely pair. I adore kitty cats so I am a fan of your friendship. Sorry you forgot about not runnin and had to limp back. I hope you got an extra treat for your pain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sherry:
      I DID get a treat. I'm real good at gettin' sympathy. lol Mom took me out to see Claudette again yesterday, and I actually sat like a good boy (on a leash) right next to her chair. She just sat and looked at me, and then she meowed a couple times. It was borin' so I decided to take a walk. She just sat and watched my cute bunny butt wiggle back to the house. It was impressive!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna