August 19, 2021

Happy Tired...

Brynwood Needleworks - Band Concert - Beginning of Concert
 
You'll remember that I write these blog posts the night before they go live. I'm confessing now that it's been a long day, and I'm happy tired.

This busy day, I baked sour dough bread (from my own starter); took Tag to the vet (he'll be okay); and went to Handsome's last summer concert of the season.

Tag got good news, in that he doesn't have a torn ACL, just some muscle soreness. He's been prescribed a pain-killer to help with his discomfort. Prior to leaving, Handsome and I watched him eat dinner and then just go right back to his kennel. That told us, he was really uncomfortable so he went to his safe space.

After being poked and prodded, and having his leg manipulated by the vet, I was really happy to know that nothing is damaged. It's likely he's just sore from overextending himself. His activity has been limited to leash walking whenever he's outside and no running.

Brynwood Needleworks - Sis and Jim
 
I met up with Sis and her long-time partner, Jim so we could sit together at the concert. Sis (Deb) and I meet up whenever Handsome plays, and we love that we get a chance to visit, too. She hates having her photograph taken (like mother, Mom Grace, like daughter). I told her there needs to be a record that she existed, so happy or not, I was taking a picture. You can see I won that debate!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Last Applause Of The Summer Season

The concerts this year are only an hour long, with no intermissions. By the time they were finished, and the band trailer loaded with all the chairs, etc. it was well and truly dark. 

When we got home, I made an easy dinner, and afterward came upstairs to write my post. I must be tired, because it's all I can do to stay awake. So, before I make a big mistake here, I'm going to close down for the night. I'll get some extra rest today, and be back, good as new tomorrow.

DonnaAcornSignature

7 comments:

  1. Glad you got to go to the concert.
    Happy that Tag has no major injury.
    I'm like your Sis, no pics for me!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      It was a perfect evening for a concert. It was a bit bittersweet, though, as it means Handsome is finished playing here for the season. Now, he's trying to decide whether or not he'll be traveling south for the winter to play with the four or five venues he has lined up. Decisions. Decisions.
      I explained to Sis that, unless there are photographs, who will know she was ever here? Pictures chronicle our lives. When I weighed less; when my hair was long or short; happy and sad times. The times we spent with others. Please don't shy away from the camera. Let your loved ones capture your smile and your essence, and they'll have memories of you to last their lifetimes...and beyond.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time. Glad Tag got good news, and hopefully the meds will have him back to normal very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea:
      My boy is still limping, but I'm keeping him from running, or making any rash decisions that could aggravate it further. It seems the meds had him shaky today, so I only gave him one dose. I'll try again in the morning to see if it happens again. Fingers crossed he can continue to take them and get some pain relief.
      Have a lovely weekend, dear.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. Happy tired is the best kind! So glad to hear that Tag will be good as new soon and that it wasn't anything serious. Give him some special skritches for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, MA:
      I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. I didn't realize just how much I needed to close my eyes. I'm keeping a close handle on my boy. I'll be sure to tell him you send skritches and give him just the attention he'd get if you were here in person. (He does adore the ladies.)
      Have a nice weekend.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna