August 5, 2021

Another Wooly Strawberry...

Brynwood Needleworks - One Wooly Strawberry Pincushion

I completed this pincushion for a client yesterday. It's always fun creating pieces of my own designs, and this one is a favorite. No two are ever exactly the same, except in size. It will be on its way to a new home today.
 
I have (sigh) another doctor appointment this morning. I'm getting my knee x-rayed, and then I'm getting a gel injection to (hopefully) alleviate my discomfort. The cortisone backfired, causing quite a bit of pain, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this alternative will work, as future cortisone is off the table.

I'll know better just what the rest of my day holds after I get home from my appointment. I'm still proofreading a friend's manuscript, and reading the latest Sydney Rye Mystery, so if I'm sitting in a chair and icing my knee this afternoon, I'll still have something interesting to do.

Come back tomorrow and I'll give you an update.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. The Strawberry cushion is beautiful.
    I hope your appt & injection go well.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks so much! I had fun creating it, and I hope the recipient loves it, too.
      I was just telling Handsome this evening that I think the swelling is already diminished, and that the injection is working. I hope I'm not just imagining things.
      I appreciate your concern.
      Blessings,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such a sweet pincushion - I know your client will be thrilled with it.
    And thoughts are with you - hope the injection works this time and that you don't suffer like you did with the cortisone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maggie:
      Thanks! I sure hope so. Thank you for your kind thoughts, too. I really think the injection worked. No pain, and I feel like the swelling is already less than it was. This is supposed to lubricate the bone-on-bone knee joint to alleviate the pain. I'm very optimistic that it's already doing its job.
      I appreciate your note.
      Blessings,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. You sure have the most diverse and interesting things to keep you busy. I love my Acorn pincushion and use it daily. Healing Energy for your knee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for making me grin, Sherry. Some might think I'm more scattered than "diverse and interesting". wink I will say that having more than a few options for my creative endeavors keeps the boredom at bay. I never could understand people who complained of being bored.
      I'm so happy you love your pincushion. It was my honor to create it for you.
      Blessings,
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna