August 10, 2021

Tuesdays With Tag - Our Brave Kitty-Puss...

Brynwood Needleworks - Claudette's Favorite Perch
 
 Hi, Everybody!

I wanna tell you about our brave kitty today.

You already know that Claudette is our barn kitty. She lives outside, which I think qualifies her for a bravery award just for starters. We know that other critters show up overnight while she's tryin' to sleep. She usually sleeps in the loft, so nobody bothers her. I'd say it's a hard life, but I'm tellin' you, it's not so much for our barn cat.

Mom feeds her twice a day; makes sure she has fresh water; has warm, dry places for her to sleep; and she goes outside to spend time with her at least twice a day.

Our barn cat loves this wood block perch, and she can be found out on it rain or shine, 'cuz its a sheltered spot under the eaves of the barn. As long as the wind isn't out of the north, she can stay dry there - even in a torrential downpour. 

It's been rainin' hard the past few days, and we got a few claps of thunder that had Bella, Carly and me barkin', but when Mom looked outside, there was Claudette, just chillin' on her perch. That earns her major props from me!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Waitin' For Mom or Me
 
Whenever she sees Mom headin' outside, she hops down to follow her around the yard, as long as none of us are out there with her. Mom has noticed that she comes out to check me over if I go outside with Mom, though. I think she's intrigued by my awesomeness - and perhaps my friendlier countenance. 
 
Even though I mount a half-hearted chase, I don't growl and bark at her like Bella does, so she doesn't charge to the barn when I'm out. If I bounce over there, she waits until the last minute, and just ducks inside. Before I'm back to Mom, she's out lookin' at me again. Interestin'.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Havin' A Little Stretch
 
At breakfast, dinner, or visitin' times, she always stretches for Mom. Leo used to do the same thing, but His Sleekness hasn't been around since his mama came back to the barn. In fact, she actually chased him away, so unless he shows up in the middle of the night, we just don't see him. 

Anyway, Claudette hops off her perch, has a good stretch, and then she scoots around the barn door (there's a gap she uses to get in) to wait for Mom to open it and come in for feedin' time.

Durin' nice weather, Mom goes out and sits on that lawn chair to pet and cuddle her, so she gets more pettin' than I do. (Not really, but she gets a bunch!)
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Claudette At Mealtime

This is where she waits for Mom at feedin' time. She jumps up onto a workbench that Mom used to use as a pottin' bench. She hasn't used it that way since she started carin' for the cats. She doesn't mind, either. She likes that Claudette depends on her. (She says that by feedin' Claudette, it keeps her from huntin' birds, too, and that's a good thing.)

Mom's already talkin' to Dad about how she's gonna be ready with marsh hay and the insulated box Miss Shelly gave her for a warm place for Claudette to hang out when it's really cold in the barn this winter. Isn't it just like Mom to be thinkin' ahead? Especially when it was one of those hot, steamy days yesterday after the rains stopped. Even so, we're not ready for winter yet, so Mom can stand down on that for a while.

So, all in all, even with the extra care she gets from Mom, I think Claudette deserves a pat on the back for bein' a brave kitty.Way to go, Kitty-Puss - which is Mom's nickname for her. I usually just call her "Stoopid Cat". I don't want her gettin' a big head.

I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Corgi On, Corgi Strong!"

8 comments:

  1. Claudette is brave , & pretty too.
    Mom is great at taking good care of her, you can see she appreciates it.
    Glad you don't chase her, she's family now.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Marilyn:
      I really try not to chase her, but it's almost irresistible. Maybe someday we'll actually play together. That would be fun.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  2. Claudette is brave and possibly looking for a friend! Be nice and you might have a new friend. She is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Andrea:
      I'd like that. I think she'd be nice to roll around with me!
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  3. I can't get over how much she looks like what our Cosmo did, even right down to the nose smudges. Good for you for making friends with her Tag - now you just have to have a strict talkin' to with the other two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Maggie:
      Two of her little boys are still available for adoption at the shelter. Makes Mom a little sad, because they are beautiful...like their mom. I'd love to play with all of 'em, but Dad said, "ONLY ONE CAT!". Oh, well. We'll just have to make do with her.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh - Miss Claudette has a beautiful face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Sunny:
      Don't tell anybody, but I think so, too. I'd be happy to smooch all over her face, but whenever I've gotten close, she hisses at me. Maybe if I continue to be nice to her, she'll have a change of heart? We'll see.
      Smooches,
      xoxo
      Tag

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna