August 30, 2021

Birthday Gifts...

Brynwood Needleworks - Embroidered Bibs
 
I was invited to a Birthday party over the weekend. My great-nephew's daughter turned two, and they had a celebration. I don't usually purchase toys for little ones, as it seems that grandparents and friends usually do that, so I decided I'd get her an outfit or two and personalize them with embroidery. I knew I wanted to buy her a pair of bib overalls. When someone asked her mom what size she wears, her momma replied with "size 4", so I figured I get size 5 so they'd last for a while.

Brynwood Needleworks - Bib Overalls - Embroidery Detail

Once at the party, my niece's momma said that their daughter is actually in size 3 now, but that she said size 4 to have something to grow into. I guess she won't be wearing these size 5 gifts for a while, but she'll actually get a lot of use out of them as she grows.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Embroidered Leggings Set

I also got her this cute little leggings set. I'm thinking she'll be able to fit into this first. I chose coordinating colors from the leggings for the flowers I embroidered along the neckline.

Brynwood Needleworks - Embroidered Leggings Set Detail

This one I kept really simple, only adding a green stem stitch line, and applying daisies and roses on each side of the botton placket.

Mom and Dad were grateful for the gifts. Two year old daughter didn't really care about the clothes she received from others and me, as she was intrigued with her new toys. That's okay. It was a lovely afternoon gathering, with good food, friends, and family. 

I'll be sharing other fun things from the weekend with you during this week. Of course, Tag will chime in tomorrow, too. Another week...and I'm off to the races first thing. Tag has another vet appointment. He'll tell you about it tomorrow. Gotta run!

DonnaAcornSignature

10 comments:

  1. The outfits are too cute.
    I hope Tag is feeling better.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marilyn:
      Thanks. I had so much fun embroidering them!
      Tag has an update in his Tuesday post. We're keeping a close eye on him.
      Another new week already. whew
      xoxo
      Donna
      Donna

      Delete
  2. Such sweet little outfits! You've given me an idea to put in my memory bank for when our soon-to-be born grandgirl gets to that age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MA:
      Glad I could give you some ideas. It was really fun to do!
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete
  3. The personalized clothes are so cute!I am sure the mom was very happy to get them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marit:
      Thank you so much! Her mom helped her open the boxes, and Mom really loved them. She got lots of clothes, but these were unique.
      Thanks again.
      xo
      Donna

      Delete
  4. Beautiful embellishments to these super cute clothes for a little girl. Wonderful personalization of store purchased outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry. It sure was a fun project. I can't wait to see her wearing them, but it's going to take a while. When people asked what size our niece wears, her mama said Size 4. So, I got Size 5, thinking she'd get a little longer use out of them before they're handed to her little sister. Turns out, she currently wears Size 3, so it's going to be a little longer than I thought before she can even wear them. Good thing these items never go out of fashion. Even so, I'll sure look forward to the time I'll get to see her wearing them.
      xoxo
      Donna

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna