March 11, 2020

Square Dancing...

Brynwood Needleworks - Chenille Four-Patch Detail

I started assembling my chenille four-patch quilt over the weekend. I'd hoped to have a finished top to share, but I miscalculated. I went back to my first quilt to see where I went wrong, and apparently, I can't count. lol

Brynwood Needleworks - Chenille Four-Patch In Progress
 
I have over half the quilt assembled, however, I need more four-patch blocks. While I have the more of the fabric, it's all in the darker shades that I didn't use here. Adding only the darkest shades to the balance of my blocks would make the quilt shade from light to dark, which I don't want. 
 
I'm going to wait until next Tuesday, when I go back to Menasha for Sit & Sew to purchase more of the lighter flannel. Then, I'll assemble the rest of the blocks and complete my quilt top. I'm going to set this aside for now, and will share my completed quilt after it's done. I guess I'll be working on the applique' pieces for my Wooly Critters quilt the rest of this week.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. I’m loving that already Donna.I do like the mix of fabric,it’s going to be a lovely warm quilt.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura:
    Thanks so much! These flannel or shirting/chenille combinations truly are lovely and warm. I'm looking forward to getting the rest of my needed flannels so I can finish this one. Then I'll actually have "upstairs" and "downstairs" nap quilts. I know. Spoiled. lol
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna