March 18, 2020

I Took A Little Ride...

Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings Wool Box #8 Peek

Monday, the Sewcial Sisters got an email letting us know that our Tuesday Sit & Stitch was cancelled in favor of keeping everyone safe. While we were all disappointed, we certainly understood. 
 
Even though we wouldn't be getting together at the warehouse - and the shop is closed right now - the staff is still working. They let us know that those of us who pick up our Wool Boxes could contact the shop to arrange pickup. All we had to do was prepay, call when we arrive in the parking lot, and they'd leave our order on the outside of the shop door so we could grab and go.
 
Remember that I need more Farmhouse Flannels to complete my Chenille Four-Patch lap quilt? Well, I called ahead and they added it to my order. I picked up everything yesterday afternoon. Easy as pie! The weather was gorgeous, so it was a nice day for me to take a little ride with Tag. Handsome stayed home, working his exercise regimen. We were back almost before he knew we were gone. 

You know the rules. I can't share the contents until we get notice that everyone on the mail order list has received theirs, so I'm just going to share a peek for now. (Aren't I a tease?) I can tell you that the contents this time are the most AWESOME so far!!

Now, one more thing before I go today...Did you think I forgot about my 11th Blog Anniversary Giveaway? I didn't forget! I'm going to announce my Giveaway gifts on FRIDAY of this week, and you'll be able to enter through to March 31st. So, if you're too busy to come back tomorrow, be sure you come back on Friday!! See you then!

DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. Actually, it's very nice of stores & shops to do the drive-up, a great idea.
    Keeps them in business & keeps us busy too!
    Glad Handsome is healing & that you are all safe & healthy.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful that you could at least get the supplies you need but it is sad to have to cancel get-togethers that we look so much forward to. Difficult times these days, that's for sure. Stay safe and well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marilyn:
    You're right! We need to do our part to help those businesses that will be affected by the closings. Of course, one must consider that so many are off work now, too, because of it. I'm glad I was able to pick up my box to keep busy. Happy Heart!
    Stay safe and healthy.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Magpie's Mumblings:
    It's a scary time for many. Businesses must be creative to be able to stay in business. Who knows how long this will last? I know that I'm going to start my own little Victory Garden here this spring. I want us to be more self-sufficient. Now, I wonder where one can find toilet paper seeds? lol
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Staying home is great for some however others like my husband cannot sit still and must get out and about. I do worry about all the people and shoppes that are impacted so desperately. Life is not what it was. Staying well and protecting others is a priority. I read that in lieu of toilet paper Lambs Ear leaves are the best so plant a lot dear! <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna