March 13, 2020

Slow (Needle) Dancing...

Brynwood Needleworks - Wooly Critter Sampler Flower Detail

I'm working on my Wooly Critter Sampler quilt borders. When I came to making my color choice for the corner floral motifs, I was sure I'd choose a hand-dyed shade of ivory. I changed my mind. I selected this wonderful lavender shade instead.

Brynwood Needleworks - Wool Applique' Embroidery
 
The design called for a second piece of wool fabric to create the center of the flowers, but I chose, instead, to create a dimension center of myriad French knots. 
 
I haven't stitched the flower to the ground fabric yet, because this is at the corner, and I need to join another stem under the edge before I can complete it. So, that's where I am right now. Stitching...and more stitching.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. This is going to be so pretty!
    Those French Knots though!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love french knots. I once did a peacock where the entire tail was made up of french knots. Your flower is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marilyn:
    Aren't the knots fun? Thanks for stopping by.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi TerriSue!
    I love how dimensional these knots are. I'm stitching away to finish this. I really can't wait for it to be done. squeeee!
    Thanks for the note, girlfriend.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna