March 4, 2020

I'm So Close...

Brynwood Needleworks - RSN Butterfly Body Detail
 
I completed the butterfly body late yesterday afternoon. All the "chambers" have been embroidered in long and short stitch, with satin stitch in the areas above each chamber. All of this is stitched onto one layer of navy blue fabric, topped with a layer of black, gauzy fabric.

Brynwood Needleworks - RSN Butterfly Body - Pleating Areas
 
My next step is to pleat - or join by overstitching - the satin stitched area to the chamber above it. Those areas are unstitched (as pointed out by my red arrows). The unstitched areas will be pushed to the back as I pinch the stitched areas together, and then sew them in place. It will give more dimension to the butterfly's body in preparation for the rest of the process.
 
I'm hoping that tomorrow I'll be able to show you my completed butterfly. My goal is to join the wings, complete the body and add the antennae and legs today. Once that's accomplished, my butterfly will be finished.

Brynwood Needleworks - Butterfly Cloche Idea - Source Unknown

I've already decided how I want to display it, too. I went online to search "cloches", and found a photo of exactly what I have in mind! I want to set up a display cloche with my butterfly "mounted" inside. I may even embroider flowers, leaves, etc. as part of the display! That way, my class project will be protected from dust and hands - big and small. What do you think?

Please come back tomorrow to see whether or not I meet my goal, and whether or not I have a whole butterfly to share with you!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. After all the work, that precious butterfly does need to be protected. I think the cloche is the perfect way to display and protect your beautiful butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect way to display,and with your beautiful flowers added it will be fabulous.Cant wait to see the finish.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Butterfly is stunning and I love your cloche display ideas. The dimension in the body is incredible. Your classes really have brought this Butterfly to life. Gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrea:
    Thanks! Now, I just have to find the perfect size for my butterfly. The hunt begins!
    I appreciate your note.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,lousnewsandcraftycreations:
    I just happened to see this when I was trying to decide how to protect my butterfly. I'm glad you like the idea. Thanks for following along on this project!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Createology (Sherry):
    I've had so much fun with this. As I played back the videos I shot of the process at class, I really missed the fun group I spent the week with. I got all nostalgic. (grin)
    Glad to see you back! Missed you, kid.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna