March 26, 2020

Coping...

Brynwood Needleworks - Wooly Critters Sampler Quilt Pieces
 
I got all the pieces cut out for the rest of the borders for my quilt. I admit I didn't even start on this until late day. I can explain.
 
When I'm stressed, I respond by sleeping. I'm not afraid. I'm not worried. I'm just stressed. So, yesterday morning I got up, and had my morning coffee; did a few chores around the house. I spent some time talking with Handsome, and then went upstairs with the intention to shower, make those chocolate chip cookies, and then get in a little studio time.
 
I got to our bedroom, sat down on the bed, and before long, I was under the blankets. I didn't wake up again until nearly 6 pm. I slept the entire time. Not having dreams. Not tossing and turning. Just a deep, restful sleep that had eluded me the past few nights. I regenerated.
 
When I got up, I took the shower I meant to take earlier in the day, went downstairs and fed Tag, and then prepared dinner for Handsome and me. We watched a movie together, and then I went upstairs to finish prepping all these pieces.  

I'll make those cookies today, and then see about setting up the other three borders for my quilt. Seems there's no particular rush. I mean, we're not planning to go anywhere. The project will wait for me. In the meantime, I'm going to concentrate a bit more on much-needed self-care. I do not want to get sick. No siree!

How are you spending your days? Working, playing, or resting? Each option is good if it works for you. Whatever you do, try not to stress. I'll try to do better, too.

DonnaAcornSignature

5 comments:

  1. I love all those colorful pieces!
    Glad you are both well.
    I am keeping busy stitching & sewing.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did that the other day too. Sometimes sleep seems the best. When I'm sleeping, I'm not eating or worrying. It is just the right thing to do sometimes. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely lot of prepping .I need to sit back a little myself.I give myself a task everyday. Yesterday was deep clean my kitchen.Well I was swinging from cupboard doors,laying on the floor scrubbing tiles...why I don’t really know my kitchen is always clean.B thought I’d lost the plot.So today I ache in places I’d forgotten I had.sit and sew for me today.I really don’t mind self isolation,I have lots of crafty stuff to catch up with,the worst is not seeing my daughter and the grandchildren.My eldest daughter lives in Australia and she is so worried about us.We can do our bit and stay home can’t we.Stay well and safe dear Donna and handsome.❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your body must have needed to deep sleep! Hmmm, walking when it is fairly nice out there, spending time with needle and thread, reading, and catching up via email with friends and family.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Donna I can so relate to the stress and sleeping. We are hunkered down and staying home with the hopes of staying well. Prayers for all of us! I did some slow stitching and felt much better. Love...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna