March 6, 2020

In Case You're Wondering What's Next...

Brynwood Needleworks - Wooly Critters Pattern by Brandywine Design
 
Can you believe that I was almost a little sad to have completed my butterfly? I actually was a bit melancholy. But, on to the next UFO, and this one will be fun, too!
 
I have the dark border fabric chosen, and just need to pull the wools I'll be using all around that border. After I get back home from taking Handsome to physical therapy, I'm going to choose the colors I want to use, based on the colors I chose for the completed blocks. Then, I'll set up the parts and pieces in anticipation of stitching them all to the ground fabric. It'll be nice to sit at random moments and slow stitch the last parts of this quilt.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Primitive Gatherings Flannels for a Chenille Four-Patch Quilt
 
Sit & Sew with the Primitive Gatherings' ladies is March 17th this month. In January, I was telling them about my favorite quick quilt pattern called a Chenille Four-Patch quilt. It was actually the first "real" pieced quilt I ever made, and it's still my favorite. It's soft and snuggly and perfect for a quick power nap in the afternoon.
 
It just happened that the day I talked about it, Lisa B. had given each of us a Farmhouse Gatherings flannel pack that was custom cut for her shop. I think they're comparable to half size layer cake cuts. (6.5" x 10"). These fabrics are wonderfully soft, and would be just the thing I'd choose to make an updated nap quilt. Before I left town, I stopped at the shop and chose the backing fabric to coordinate with the fabrics we were given.

So, before I go to our March Sit & Sew I want to put together a new Farmhouse Gatherings Chenille Four-Patch. It won't take long at all to assemble, and I'll only do a criss-cross of straight line quilting to finish it. 

These are the projects I'd like to move to the "Complete" pile this month. At this rate, I may even be able to add another project, but I don't want to get ahead of myself. First things first.

NOTE: Thank you so much to everyone who left a comment on yesterday's post. I promise I'll reply to every one of you. You were all so wonderful to me about my butterfly. I'm truly humbled and grateful that you all cared to leave a note for me. Be sure to check back on yesterday's comments page by tonight to read my replies to your messages. xoxo
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. These next projects look WOOLunderful. I am really curious to see your Flannel nap quilt. Healing Energy to Handsome for his knee. I am totally in LOVE with your amazing hand stitched and created Butterfly!!! Spring is Springing and Flowers are Blooming...Sunshine Smiles <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sherry:
    Thanks! I love my old four-patch, so it's going to be fun to create an updated version. Photos soon!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura:
    Isn't wool just the nicest to work with? This flannel project is going to be fun, too...and quick!
    Thanks for the note.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna