March 28, 2020

Cookies Delayed Are Not Cookies Denied...

Brynwood Needleworks - Chocolate Chip/Hickory Nut Cookies
 
I finally got around to making those chocolate chip cookies. Check out my "Recipes" link in the menu bar to find the recipe I used. The only changes I made to the original recipe were to chill the dough for a couple of hours before baking, and I upped the oven temperature to 380º. 

I'm very happy with the results, and they were a definite hit with Handsome. I'm (no-contact) dropping a container for Andy and Shelly today, because it's always good to share cookies! I'm thinking that it's about time to make more hickory syrup, too! I'm going to add that to my list for the next week or two.

Brynwood Needleworks - Tag Fetching
 
Of course, I'm still stitching on my borders, but Tag's been a little stir crazy as I've been preoccupied with other things. So, first thing yesterday morning, I took him out to stretch his little legs a bit. He was happy to be fetching, but not as enthusiastic as when Bella's around.

We were out for a little while, and then he settled nicely in the house. It was good that I got him out, too, because it started raining last night and is expected to continue all weekend. He's not so thrilled about fetching in the rain. I think it will be just right for him to sleep at my feet while I'm stitching the whole weekend.

I read something yesterday that I really liked. Don't look at staying inside as punishment. Consider it a treat that you're able to take some time for yourself and your family. Slow down. Reflect. Count your blessings. We're all going to come out on the other side. Think of this as a little time out. Not the punishment kind. The kind where you can be the best you when it's all over. 

Stay home. Stay healthy. Stay strong.
I'm praying for all of us.

DonnaAcornSignature

8 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm, cookies!
    Tag is so cute fetching.
    It's kind of eerie, no one comes out of there house here, but we all have to stay safe.
    Wishing you & handsome a nice weekend doing what you love.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you and Tag got out for a bit. If only my bored husband would fetch! Hahaha Love the positive spin on staying indoors and I have been thinking of the time we all must spend normally merely running around. Health is our Wealth. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Donna, Please, please make more syrup. We like it so much. Better than maple! I'm almost out and I have been mighty stingy with my last bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear TerriSue:
    I promise I'll get on that next week! I'll let everyone know when I have some available again.
    Stay safe,
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sherry:
    You must call me when you get your husband to fetch! I'd love to see that. lol I know I've saved a lot of money by staying in and making do with what I have. Must continue that trend after things open back up again.
    Stay safe!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marilyn:
    Thanks for your comment. You're right. It's strange for the world to be so quiet. I tell myself Mother Nature is healing.

    About those cookies - must remind ourselves not to eat them all in the next few days!
    Stay safe!!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Sherry:
    I'd love to see that fetching husband! (I bet he already does!) giggle
    Stay safe and well.
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna