March 2, 2020

Almost Ready To Fly-And Party Time...

Brynwood Needleworks - RSN Butterfly Wings

See what I finished this past weekend? In this photo, I've already released the top wing parts from the ground fabric and trimmed them. The lower wings have been cut off the ground fabric, but are not yet trimmed.

Brynwood Needleworks - RSN Butterfly Wings - Completed!
 
All four wing parts are completed in this image, and will be set aside so I can prepare the body for assembly. I'll be working on the body today, and plan to have my completed butterfly ready to show you on Wednesday (after Tag's post tomorrow). 

I'm motivated to complete it now. I'm excited to be at this stage of the project, and can't wait to show you the whole butterfly, using all the techniques our tutor, Owen Davies, shared with us when I attended his classes. I hope you're as curious to see it as I am to show it to you!


The month of March is my blog anniversary month. This year, I'm celebrating ELEVEN years of daily blogging, sharing my creative (and sometimes personal) life with you. 
There are times that I wonder whether or not I should cut back on my posts, but then I remind myself that this was originally begun as a way for me to chronicle my life, like a personal diary. So, I'll keep posting every day. One thing that will change - beginning this month - is that I'm going to respond to your comments on the comment page, so if you come back (or turn on "notifications"), you'll see my messages back to you. Blogger no longer emails notices to me with your messages, so I'll answer your comments where you leave them.

Now for the fun part. To celebrate my blog anniversary, I'm going to have a sale in my online shop HERE. This sale is only for my blog readers and online friends on FaceBook. If you purchase a minimum $35, enter BWANNIVERSARY at checkout and receive 25% off your entire order as my thank you!
I'm also going to have a giveaway later in the month, so you won't want to miss that. I'll announce the giveaway on my actual anniversary date (March 15th). I want to celebrate!

DonnaAcornSignature

10 comments:

  1. Butterfly is looking absolutely beautiful,can’t wait to see the finish.Happy blogger birthday dear Donna.I gave up on mine a couple of years ago,I could no longer load images and not being very computer savvy gave it up.Im glad you’ve decided to carry on, although I don’t always leave a message I do ,hand on heart read your posts every single day.You feel like an old friend now my dear and I should hate to lose you.😘😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the finished Butterfly, so pretty!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Donna!! Your butterfly is absolutely fabulous!! I can see why you are anxious to finish it!! Can't wait to see it done!! Looks like my 10 year anniversary was February 6th!! I have not done well on my blog the last few years. Too much life going on and no sewing, well very little sewing!! Congratulations on 11 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Gosh, Donna!!! That butterfly is so beautiful...looking forward to seeing it finished!!! Great job! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear lousnewsandcraftycreations:
    Thank you for being such a faithful reader! I appreciate your comment today, and can't wait to share my finished butterfly. I'm really aiming to complete it by the end of this week!
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marilyn:
    I'm having so much fun with this project, but I can't wait to finish it so I can share!
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Kris:
    Thank for the note today. I know you've been busy enough! Glad we're fb friends, too, so we can stay in touch. Looking forward to seeing your next project!
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jacque!
    I'm anxious to finish it, too! I got about halfway on the body today, so it won't be long now.
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your butterfly is truly lovely. You may have felt you would never get it finished but look at that! Wow! Almost.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Terri Sue:
    You're right! Just the thought of all that stitching - a single silk thread at a time - was a bit daunting. I'll feel so accomplished when it's finished!
    Thanks for your note.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna