March 12, 2020

A Quick Hello...

Brynwood Needleworks - Wooly Critter Borders In Progress - Detail

It seems I'm incapable of accomplishing as much as I like when I don't start in the studio before noon. Handsome is doing really well in physical therapy, so it's worth it from that standpoint. I end up not being able to show you much progress on my "off day" posts, though.
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Wooly Critter Borders In Progress
 
I am working on the borders for my Wooly Critter Sampler quilt. I'm choosing colors as I go, and I really love the hand-dyed green wool I've picked for the vines that will work their way all around the quilt. The red berries will also be seen again. I'm not a fan of the mustard-y colored corner flowers (see pattern above the fabrics), so I may go with a nice hand-dyed ivory. I think there should be a small heart between the leaves under the blue-colored birds, too. What do you think?

I'll be getting back to work on this as soon as I've had my morning coffee. After everything is fused, I'll be able to start stitching...and I can't wait! I'll share more tomorrow.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Love this piece. A heart would really complete the look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Girlfriend!
    Thanks for the input. I'm definitely going to add the heart.
    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna