October 5, 2019

All Clear...

Brynwood Needleworks - My Renditions of Primitive Gatherings' Wool Box 5 Minis

First, let me apologize for not posting yesterday. I don't even know how that happened! You know how faithfully I'm here with you every day. I guess painting railing parts got to me more than I thought. sheesh! I took two Advil™ and went to bed without another thought. My aching bones were apparently louder in my head than my "Don't forget to write your blog post" voice. I'm so sorry!

 

I got word late yesterday that we were okay'd to share the contents of the latest Wool Box from Primitive Gatherings. Apparently, everyone who signed up for the subscription received them. Of course, I wanted to show you first!

These are the fronts of the minis I've already stitched for this box...Top to bottom: Goose silhouette, flying in front of the full moon; pumpkin; turkey in a Pilgrim's hat; pincushion; and Acorn. (The acorn is an inset because I finished it last.) You'll remember, I already showed you the three I designed myself of the corgi, labrador retriever and autumn tree.

Let's see, I stitched the goose as presented. I added a leaf and tendrils to the pumpkin. I added a black band on the turkey's hat, and the turkey now has a wattle, too. I stitched the pins in silver metallic thread and added beads for the pinheads. I added veining on the oak leaves, and French knots to the acorn caps for acorn-y texture. Aren't these fun?!

I've completed all of them from this box, and also from prior boxes. So far, there are twenty four of them that I've finished. (There will be fifty two by the time we're through.)  I'll be setting up another piece now, to stitch in the evenings.

Brynwood Needleworks - Wool Box 5 Insert Showing Contents


Every box comes with a full-color sheet showing the box contents. This one is especially awesome. First, there is a larger-than-usual piece, "Thankful" in this set. Don't you just love the newest pillow cover, too? Fall is my favorite time of year, so I'm more excited about these contents than usual - and that's saying a lot!
There's a little organizer box (we can purchase the divider insert, if we want); recipe and stitch cards; the minis; two new "Everlasting" blocks to add to the others; and two locally made (and delicious) soft caramel candies that come in every box! This time, I shared one of my caramels with Handsome. yum!
I'm having trouble deciding which to do next...the pillow cover or the large piece. I guess it doesn't really matter, because as soon as I finish one, I'll go right to the next! I guess you'll just have to wait to see which one I choose.


Something else exciting began yesterday, too. The railings are being installed on the porch! The south exposure is finished, but I'm going to wait to show you photos until it's all done next week. I was just so thrilled to see how they look that I'm fairly busting! Let's hope the weather is good on Monday, because they should all be done by then.
I managed to get everything painted in good order, so I may just take the weekend off to play. You know "playing" means "stitching", right?
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. I’m glad you’re OK and hopefully feeling refreshed after all your hard work,I did miss you yesterday.I don’t always comment but yours is the first blog I go to every morning.The wool projects do look lovely ,I love stitching with wool myself.Im going to have to have a look at the web page.Keep well dear Donna.xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna