October 24, 2019

Arwen...

Brynwood Needleworks - Arwen G.

This sweet face is my girlfriend, Samantha's pup, Arwen. Not too long ago, Sam contacted me to create two custom pieces for her. Bags with her pet's names on them for when they're traveling or for daycare.

She asked for a larger size for her dog, Arwen, and a smaller size for her cat, Hermes. I gave her a few style choices and she picked the one she liked. She requested replaceable name tags for the bags, so that the bags could be repurposed in the future.

I gave her fabric choices, and set about creating the bags for her. This is a style I haven't made before, so I prepped the fabrics, read and reread the pattern, created the patch with Arwen's name on it, and then set about the bag construction yesterday.

Brynwood Needleworks - BW Sling Bag
 
The result was this crossbody backpack/sling style bag. I used black cordura (like a treated, breathable canvas), and a colorful Laurel Burch dog print quilting cotton. It has two large compartments and two zipper pockets (one on the back and one on the interior of the large, front compartment), and adjustable strap. There are two d-rings so that the strap can be attached either side, depending on the preference of the carrier. The name patch is attached with patch velcro, so it can be changed out later.  
 
I'm quite happy with the way it turned out. The second bag (for Hermes) will be 15% smaller than this one. He'll have his own name patch on the front, too, and will also use another Laurel Burch (cat print) fabric from my inventory. I'm going to make that one today. In fact, I'd better head to the studio. If you're looking for me, that's where I'll be.

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna