October 7, 2019

Change Of Plans...

Brynwood Needleworks - Relaxing Sunday Corgi

I woke up Sunday with a lot on my To Do List. I planned to start by cleaning and refilling all the bird feeders. From there, I was going to enjoy more of our beautiful Sunday sunshine by weeding and mulching the two planting beds around the barns. Finally, I'd be painting the ballisters for the railings for our airing porch. Yes. Those were my ambitious plans.

I began by setting up a pair of sawhorses, topped with a piece of plywood that would be my outdoor work table. I partially filled a 5-gallon bucket with Jungle Jake cleaner and water (which I placed on the ground between the table and me), and then I took down the feeders to begin my task.

I had a few tool (scrapers and brushes), and a box of shop towels to make my task a little easier. Finally, I put my trusty iPhone 6 Plus on the table, opened a streaming site and turned on the speaker so I could listen while I work. Everything was going "swimmingly".

It was a bit breezy, which was perfect for drying out my feeders, and I was really making great progress. Then, a big breeze blew through. My table top was stable, but my box of shop towels, some of the used towels, and a few other things blew off the table. I quickly gathered everything to put back on the table. What I couldn't find, but could still hear, was my iPhone. I looked everywhere, and then I followed the sound...downward. Oh, please. Oh, please. Not that.

I put my hand into the bucket of water, and sure enough. My phone was in the bottom of the bucket, still broadcasting. I knew my phone was doomed. I panicked. I admit, I have waaay too much stuff in my phone. Photos (over 10,000. I really need to clean out my memory!); contacts, thankfully backup up in iCloud and my other computers; and the fact that this phone number is our main home phone number made this even more unfortunate.

The first thing I did was pull off the protective case. Then I dried the phone off as best as I could, and ran up to my studio computer to make sure everything was backed up before my phone croaked. Then, like trying to treat a person with a possible concussion, I kept begging my phone to "stay awake". I immediately got in the car and drove to the Verizon office for a replacement.

Brynwood Needleworks - iPhone 8 Plus Packaging

I'm much to cheap to pay the nearly one thousand dollars for the latest and greatest iPhone, but also realized that my iPhone 6 Plus was already obsolete. After help (and patience) from my sales rep, Alex,  I decided to purchase the iPhone 8 Plus. One of the reasons was because it has a wireless charger.

Once we logged on to my carrier account, it automatically migrated everything into my new phone. Of course, as I write this, the apps are all still downloading, but I expect that process will complete any minute now.

Brynwood Needleworks - Sunday Sunset At Hickory Hill Farm

So, the first photos I took on my new phone were of Tag (you're not really surprised, are you?), and the last photo I took was of the colorful sunset reflected in the clouds to the east of the farmhouse. Within minutes of this photo, the sun went down and our new yard lights came on.

I did manage to finish cleaning the bird feeders, but my other tasks went unfinished. I can paint today, but the rest of the weekend projects will have to wait. I really have work to do in the studio, that I don't want to put off. At least for now, I have my phone back in service, and like the Million Dollar (Bionic) Man from the 1970's, it's better than before. By the way, I'll be keeping my phone well away from my work from now on, relying on wireless ear buds to transmit my music, audio books, or conversation. I'm going to keep my phone well away from anything that can harm it!

Tag will be back tomorrow - with new and improved photos for you! I'll see you again on Wednesday to let you know what else I've been doing. See you then!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. happy you were able to save the info - my son has me on his plan and we just upgraded from a very old Android to a Apple 8. It's quite a learning curve for me, but one feature he wanted me to have was Face Time (we live about 50 miles from each other). Good luck with all the projects - your porch is coming along wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna