October 28, 2019

A Perfect Autumn Day...

Brynwood Needleworks - Autumn Colors At The Farmhouse

Our Sunday couldn't have been more perfect. The sun was shining, the temperatures reached into the high 50s, and the trees were dressed in their Autumn best.

Handsome and I decided the weather was perfect for working in the yard. We moved most of the mulch that was still waiting to be placed, and then raked it into the beds. I even put some around the house side of our new rock wall, so it will be waiting for the flowers or bushes we want to put there in the spring. Then, we mowed the lawn, perhaps for the last time this season. I'm hoping so, because the yard tractor I drive really needs to have the mower blades checked, sharpened or replaced.

Brynwood Needleworks - A Late Season Surprise
 
When we finally limped (old age creeping up on us, you know) back to the house, I passed the honeysuckle vine that I'd transplanted before the porch demo and rebuild. I watered it, religiously, after it was planted, and hoped it would be happy in its new location.
Imagine my surprise - in light of some very chilly nights - to find a new blossom on the vine! It appears that my little honeysuckle is happy after all. I snapped a few photographs, and then we proceeded into the house. 
We let Bella and Tag out and fed them, first. I caught a nice, hot shower, and then we made a tasty vegetable beef soup (using some of our own canned tomatoes) and warm, homemade bread. With everyone's tummies full, I sat down in my favorite chair, turned a heating pad on my back, put my feet up, and promptly took a "power nap". I woke up just in time to watch the Packers/Chiefs football game. It was a great day and evening.

Today will be busy. We've got workmen here this morning. (I'll tell you all about that on Wednesday.) One of our sons will be here for a while, and I'm going to be working in the studio. Better get the coffee going. I think I'll be needing it today! Tag will be back tomorrow. We're working on his and Bella's Halloween costumes, so he'll be telling you all about it! Have a great day, friends.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Autumn Day for working and prepping your Hickory Hill property. Sweet little flower to thank you for saving this vine. Happy Studio Dsy Dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna