October 23, 2019

Needle Dancing With My Friend...

Brynwood Needleworks - Working On A Primitive Gatherings Project
 
My girlfriend, Kathy D. came out to the farmhouse to visit yesterday. We decided to have a stitching day (lunch included), so I had to decide what to work on before she got here. (I made homemade vegetable beef soup with corn bread and honey butter for our meal, in case you're interested.)
 
I have the current Wool Box projects I could have pulled, but I didn't feel like cutting, fusing and prepping, so I decided to take out one of the blocks I've already prepped from last summer's Primitive Gatherings "Twilight Garden" Summer Block of the Week from last year. 

If you've been following me for a while, you may remember that I was keeping up with the prep work at the beginning of the summer, but fell behind when I went to the Royal School of Needlework classes in July. It really derailed me, and I never got back to the project. It's time I get back to it.

This is the first block in the series, and it was all fused and ready to embroider. By the end of the day, I got quite a bit finished. I have to stitch the oak leaves, birds and two of the calyxes for the center buds, and then most of it will be done. Then, I only have to add twenty one white wool berries on the ends of the little stems in the center motif. When the berries are all stitched down, I'll set this one aside and work on Block 2 (of 12) next time I want to work on it. 

I played yesterday, so today will be a full work day. I'll share photos of that project when I come back to visit with you again tomorrow. Coffee first, and then off to the studio. I need caffeine first. wink

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Your new wool project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous soft colors in this wool felt block. Fun day slow stitching with your girlfriend. Lunch sounds yummy. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna