October 25, 2019

Hermes...

Brynwood Needleworks - Hermes, The Beloved Cat

Meet Hermes. He's the pampered cat who lives with Arwen. When she asked me to make Arwen's bag, she also asked for a smaller version for Hermes. His Mom is a dear friend, and I was happy to oblige.

Having completed Arwen's bag on Wednesday, creating Hermes' bag yesterday was easy. I had fun fussy cutting the fabric patterns to highlight Laurel Burch's colorful cats front-and-center on his bag.

Brynwood Needleworks - BW Hermes Sling Bag

This is the result of my day of sewing. I had coffee and conversation with Handsome, and then I headed to the studio. I cut all the fabric, grabbed the hardware, and then started sewing. I stopped for lunch, and again for dinner, and completed the bag about twenty minutes later. I love the result and hope Samantha does, too.

Brynwood Needleworks - BW Arwen and Hermes Sling Bags

I'm including one more photo to show you the difference in the size of the two bags. Arwen's bag measures 16.25" tall x 11.25" wide x 3" deep. Hermes' bag is 10" x 7" x 2", just the right size for his essentials.

They're both on their way to their new home today, and I'm going to spend part of my day baking bread. I do have to vacuum the studio and tidy up a bit, but otherwise I'm going to be in the kitchen.

What do you have planned for today and the weekend? We're supposed to have warmer weather, so Handsome and I are going to finish up our yard work.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Hermès is such a precious kitty and I love both sling bags. My day follows an entire week of preparations for an evening of Friends Gathering with Halloween costumes optional. We are so blessed to live here in our new smaller home and to have such wonderful new friends and neighbors. Hubby’s BFFs will be here too since they moved to Southern Utah upon his suggestion. The three of them have been friends over 60 years. Lovely weekend dear...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna