October 15, 2019

Tuesdays With Tag - The Hills Were Alive...


Brynwood Needleworks - Sleepy Tag

 Hi, Everybody!

You'll excuse me for not gettin' up, won't you? I'm exhausted and, truthfully, a little hoarse. I had a busy day guardin' the farmhouse. There was a lot goin' on around here, and that means, I've got to sound the alarm so my people know.

Brynwood Needleworks - Harvesting Corn

The weather was still chilly yesterday, but the sun was out, and farmers have a sayin'. It's "Make hay while the sun shines", or corn, as the case may be.

Our farm neighbors to the east spent the day harvestin' the corn off their fields. This one bein' so close to the house, it was even more important that I not slack off on my duties. Every time the tractors were in front of the house, I had to bark my fool head off. (Yay, me!)

Brynwood Needleworks - Cutting Weeds

Then, shortly after that, Mister Andy came down the hill with his tractor pullin' a piece of machinery called a "bush hog". I looked but didn't see any pigs, so I guess the name is over my head. (No short jokes, please.)

Mom explained to me that a bush hog is used to cut down high cover, and believe me, there was a lot of high cover in our field! Every once in a while, Boo and I liked jumpin' in there to see if we could scare anythin' out, but mostly we just stayed on the shorter grass. Mom regularly mows a path across our field, so we can walk the path between our yard and Mister Andy and Miss Shelly's yard, but now we can walk anywhere on our field. Cool!

Brynwood Needleworks - Our Cut Field

Mister Andy found a new hickory tree in our field, so he trimmed around it. Mom and Dad are going to get some stuff from the farm store to protect the tree until it's big enough to take care of itself. It will be about twenty years before it ever creates a single nut, but future generations will enjoy the fruit from this tree.

Mom took this picture showin' both tractors at the same time. There's a whole load of corn in the trailer on the road, headin' back to the farm to our east, but there was still lots of corn to harvest. Their tractor was busy almost until dark.

Brynwood Needleworks - Our Sweet Neighbor Boy


The nicest part of the day was when Miss Shelly brought her grandson down the hill to visit. She  drove down in their motorized cart (another reason to bark my brains out), and this sweet face was with her. Mom caught this smile before they headed home. We think he was gettin' tired, and ready for a little nap. I get it. After they went home, I was ready for a nap, too.
 I'll see you again in seven. 'til then...
"Live Like Someone Left The Gate Open".
 

0 friends clicked here to leave a note for me:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna