October 21, 2019

Farmhouse Renovation - Weekend Project...

Brynwood Needleworks - Rear Entry Update
 
We've been watching the weather for temperatures that would be warm enough to accommodate a little project for the "friends and family" entrance to the farmhouse. This past weekend, it got into the low 60s, so it met our requirements for painting.
 
We decided that the supports for the rear entry could look more cohesive with the porch work we did this fall if they were white, rather than the same as the siding on the rest of the house. We purchased the paint a couple of weeks ago, so I just had to wait for the right day.
 
Saturday, I set up my painting supplies, and Handsome set up the ladder for me. It was warm and sunny on the south side of the house when I started, so the project went relatively quickly. As I put the finishing touches on the job, the sun moved behind clouds, and the wind got a little more brisk. At least the job was done. We're both really happy with the way it turned out!
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Full View of South Elevation
 
I put away my painting supplies, cleaned my brush and Handsome put the ladder away for me (it was heavy!) and then I helped him finish the job he was working on. He gave me his sweatshirt and asked me to drive the tractor so we could move more mulch around.

We mulched the bed in front of the Compass Barn, and also along the south side of our big pole barn. We also put more in the beds in front of the porch, and on the north side of the house. We still have a bit more to move, but we decided we'd done enough for the day.

Although the weather was equally nice on Sunday, our elder son, his wife and our grandson came to visit for the Packer game and halftime meal. We really had fun, and when they left late day, it never entered our thinking to go back out and work. We can do that later this week. We just rested and reflected on our visit the rest of the day.

I'm back in the studio this week. Orders to mail, and more to fulfill. One of my projects is a bit more involved, so I've been procrastinating on it. No more. It has to get done. I'll show it to you when I finish. 
 
You'd think I'd know better than to put off the hard projects. Once they're finished, I'm always wondering why I waited. We'll see. At any rate, I'll be hoppin' today to make some headway. Busy me. Just the way I like it!
 
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Your “Friends and Family” door looks very nice and blends with the new porch. Good job done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna