November 19, 2018

Successful Show...

Brynwood Booth - Kewaskum Holiday 2018 Craft Show
 
I promised a photo of my booth prior to the start of the show yesterday. Here it is! As I told you before, I had over 20 Grab & Go Clutch/wristlets, over 20 Event Crossbody Bags, a number of Kirby Crossbody Bags, a large Bella Tote, and a few Bryn Crossbody Wallets.

I sold out of the tote and wallets, a number of Kirby bags and wristlets, to declare that our participation in the show was a grand success! In fact, so much so, that I reserved my booth for next year, as well as their summer outdoor show called "Party on the Pavement".

I was set up this time in front of the school's rock climbing wall, with those red floor mats behind my display, so my backdrop was very "holiday". I'm already planning what my future booths will look like, which may include gridwalls for more hanging possibilities. I also have two more of the acrylic racks like the one shown for table top variety, and I may or may not use the wire cubbies again, although they were perfect for this event.

My stuffed Corgi not only greeted my customers, but was (of course) a conversation starter. My screen saver on the Square checkout was the fall photo of Tag and Bella sitting in the leaf pile, so they could see what both dogs looked like.

I built my own checkout stand from supplies I purchased at Jo-Ann Fabrics. I bought three wooden crates on sale, as well as the wood piece (meant for home decor by adding letters or words) that I used for my counter top. I had a 25% off coupon for my purchase, which even covered items already on sale, and then I used an Ibotta coupon for an additional 15% off through the app. I purchased the brackets to securely attach all the components into this configuration, and then attached a short-tailed, three-outlet extension cord to the inside of the top crate (for plugging in my Square stand). In the end, this checkout stand cost me less than $45! Pretty thrifty, I think, considering how cool it looks.

I used the crate openings on the backside to store my shopping bags, receipts, and other supplies (including a few snacks, which I never eat in front of prospective customers!). It turned out to be a really useful addition to my booth. I set up my tissue paper on the end of the table, and had everything I needed to complete a sale right at my finger tips. I wouldn't change a thing about it.

The show ended at 3 pm, and I was on my way home by 3:15. The items I didn't sell yesterday will be listed up in my online shop early this week, and I'll definitely be making more Bella totes in other fabrics to list up, too. I have orders for the Bryn wallets, so I'll make extras of those for the shop, and soon those items (Bella Tote, Bryn Crossbody Wallets and Event Bags) will be available for holiday shopping.

For now, I'm going to get caught up on some of the homekeeping things I neglected to be able to have a well-stocked booth. Laundry awaits, and oh, yes...I have two studio rooms to put back in order (they got a little messy during all the pre-show production). I want to have everything back to what passes for our "normal" in time for a relaxing Thanksgiving, but I had to stop to share how happy I was with the culmination of my recent flurry of creative activity. 

Thanks to everyone who has left woefully unanswered comments for me. They've been appreciated, as you shared get well wishes for Handsome, and messages of support for me as I struggled to get my work accomplished in time for the show. I'm grateful to all of you, both on my blog and on Facebook. You're really the best of the best.

Tag will be here tomorrow to carry on as only he can, and I'll be back with updates on Wednesday. Here's to wishing you a great week, as you prepare to celebrate your own Thanksgiving. Blessings.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your successful show! I love your 'checkout' space. Very creative! Hope Handsome is improving each and every day. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a terrific display of your creative and well made bags & wallets! So very pleased for you Donna! An organized and friendly shopping experience ..would have loved stopping by to meet you (in person)! Terrific idea with the crates! Happy Thanksgiving with Handsome and family!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna