November 10, 2018

Snowy Farmhouse...

Liljegren's Hickory Hill Farm

We got our first real snowstorm yesterday. We were forecast to receive 1-2", and we got all of that.  A beautiful, white blanket covered our world, and in the process, brought with it a hush to our landscape.

Our Snowy Compass Barn

As the snow continued to fall, I refilled our bird feeders and then, watched as our flighted friends stopped by for a snack. Do you see the little downy woodpecker hanging from the right side of our newest feeder? I love that my presence doesn't alarm or scare them off.

Inside Our Farmhouse - Living/Dining Room
 
After the dogs romped around in the yard; all the feeders were refilled; and our entry area was shoveled clear, the dogs and I went back inside. I made a hot cuppa tea and sat down to plot out the rest of my day. 
 
While I sat in the living room, the snow stopped and the sun came out. Light flooded in through our 101 year old dining room windows and warmed our home. I couldn't resist capturing a photograph to share with you. 
 
I wish Handsome had been home for our first snow, but he'll be here as soon as he's well enough. He won't be discharged before early next week, but he's progressing nicely and getting better by the day. Rain, snow or shine, that will be a truly beautiful day.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

4 comments:

  1. Donna first I went back to read about your handsome. Grateful he is recovering. Sounds like it was pretty scary. Your home looks gorgeous in the snow. I too have downy woodpeckers that visit our feeders. I will pray that your man gets home soon and all will be good as new. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Beautiful and quite Ethereal in ths blanket of fresh virgin snow. Handsome is where he needs to be while he recovers from surgery and then he will be home with you and Tag and Bella. Stay warm and safe dear. Prayers and Healing Energy continue for Handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't get any better than this! You're living in my dream world! Praying for Mr. Handsome to heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donna,

    I love, love, love the photo of the snow falling in front of the red barn!! Just gorgeous! The snow is so pretty! I love downy headed woodpeckers, they add alot of color with their red!!

    I am glad that your husband is doing well too! I hope and pray he continues to get well and stronger every day!!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna