November 3, 2018

Prepping...

Brynwood Needleworks - Strap Tabs
 
Now that my prototype is finished to my satisfaction, I'm ready to set up all the pieces and parts to sew them "production-style". 
 
Brynwood Needleworks - Handbag Parts
 
I spent the day cutting, sewing and organizing all the components, so I can sew - start to finish - when next I sit down at my machines. Once I cut all the zippers and add their pulls, I'll sew the end tabs on them and then I'll begin my assembly sewing.
 
Today, I've got nephews here to help move our basement wood supply out to the wood shed. We sold the wood burner in the basement, so there's no need to keep the wood inside now. We'll have a full shed for lighting campfires out in the fire pit instead. 
 
I'm looking forward to having the cleared out space in our old cistern to turn into a storage room for canned goods and canning supplies. We'll spend the winter setting up that area. Slowly, but surely. No need to rush, after all.

I'll get back to sewing soon enough, and when I do, I'll be banging out bags like crazy. (I have 25 of these bags nearly prepped!) When those are finished, I only have about six other designs to get made up...in multiples...for the craft show! I'll be sure to share them with you as I get them done. 
 
I'm having a great time planning everything. I bought the supplies for my "checkout stand" and will probably put it together later tomorrow, and I'll likely do a dry setup in the garage before I do the actual setup at the school gymnasium location. I want to make sure it's all going to work, after all, and yes, I'll take pictures of that to share with you, as well. I guess I'd better get busy. Lots to do before I sleep!
DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Lovely array of cork fabrics. You are always “sew” organized. Good to have help and use your space for canning supplies and goods. Saturday Satisfaction Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna