November 5, 2018

It's What We Do...

Brynwood Event Bag Parts
 
All of these should be completed by now, but more important matters took precedence this past weekend. In our home, God is first, family second, and work (or play) come third.
 
Handsome got sick on Thursday, and we first thought it was flu (or food poisoning from a grocery store sandwich). It became apparent in the wee hours of Saturday morning, he was much more ill than that. We agreed that he should go to the hospital to find out what was going on.
 
It turns out that he had the same issue he had last December, and he was admitted to the hospital that morning. He'll be there - supported by the hospital - in hopes he won't require surgery. In the meantime, I'm praying; going back and forth between the farmhouse and the hospital; and working in the studio when I can.

He'll be there at least through today, and perhaps he'll be able to come home tomorrow. That's certainly our wish. I don't like him away from me, and he doesn't like being in the hospital (no kidding!)

In the meantime, I'll work on these as I'm able, and hope to get them finished soon. I still have a number of other bags to make for the craft event on November 18th, so I'd better set up a schedule to get them all done.

We'll get Handsome well again, but while he's getting better, I'll change my itinerary because (as we always say to each other), "It's what we do.".

DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Good Morning, hoping today is a better day for you both. Sending healing prayers and hugs from afar. �� xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Dear...being ill and hospitals is so not good. Prayers and Healing Energ for Handsome! Donna Dear please take good care of yourself too so you can care for Handsome when he comes home. Sewing shall get done...

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts and prayers are with you both.Wishing handsome a speedy recovery.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh dear. Prayers being said here for Handsome. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. No explanation needed for "doing what you do" - friends understand and noone else matters. I hope things are better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your husband and you too, positive thoughts for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna