May 7, 2018

Three New Ribbons...

For The Love Of A Corgi - D. Liljegren
 
I showed three pieces at the It's A Stitch Quilt Guild Show this past weekend.
I'm so grateful to have received a ribbon on every piece I entered.
"For The Love Of A Corgi" earned an Honorable Mention ribbon.
 
Over The River - My Way. D. Liljegren

"Over The River - My Way" faced heavy competition. I was pleased to receive a Third Place ribbon for my efforts. The annual quilt show is held by the It's A Stitch quilt guild, and they have quite a few talented members, and other entrants. They ask that photos not be taken of other members' quilts, so I won't share the second and first place pieces. (They were beautiful, and definitely worthy of the ribbons they earned.)
 
Posey, The Patchwork Pachyderm - D. Liljegren
 
Last, but certainly not least, "Posey, The Patchwork Pachyderm" earned another second place win. The beautiful, curvy table runner (vertical, on the far left) won the first place ribbon. 

I was asked (more than once) which pattern I used for my sweet elephant. I smiled and explained that I had drafted the pattern for her, and that she was completely my own design. She was definitely a hit with the attendees.

This is my first Wisconsin show. I'll definitely enter this one again next spring. Posey may compete in another Wisconsin venue in September, but I'll be entering a few other new pieces by then, too. (I just have to get busy and sew!!)

My pal, Kathy entered eight pieces, only having seven judged. She won a ribbon on every piece that went for judging, and she even placed "in the money" with one of her gorgeous quilts. Thankfully, we didn't compete against each other in a single category.

All in all, I'd say we had a pretty darned successful weekend!

I'll be in the studio today, working on new commissions. I hope you have something fun planned, too.
 
DonnaAcornSignature

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations Dear! Your Quilts and Posey are amazing and most certainly deserving of ribbons. I can’t even imagine the competition quilts. Talented quilters must live in Wisconsin. Lovely week to you my friend...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! Always nice to get recognition on our hard work. I'd be terrified to enter quilts (I don't quilt) but I do enter my county fair.
    You could enter there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on awards well deserved. Love your 'long' hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! Your work is beautiful, and the ribbons well-deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Donna! What , a triple hitter. Wonderful news, doing a happy dance for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna