May 23, 2018

My Current Project...

Setting Up "Flax Farm" Images
 
My Tuesday was spent tracing, cutting and fusing wools for my next project...Primitive Gatherings' "Flax Farm". This will finish as a larger table/candle mat, at 28" x 19".  

I was working on it at Primitive Gatherings' offices, where a group of ladies, me included, get together once a month. The nice thing is that, if you're working on one of Lisa Bongean's patterns, she's right there to answer any questions. Of course, she's more than generous with her knowledge no matter what the design. If you're missing a piece of fabric, or other supplies, we're right next to the warehouse...or just down the road from the shop!
 
"Flax Farm" Pattern Photo
 
I'm substituting the golden barn on this mat with a rendition of our red Compass Barn, and the extra space that results from the change will leave just the right space to insert a Corgi. I mean, how can you have a herd of sheep without a Corgi to keep them close? They are a herding breed, after all.

I'll continue to cut and fuse, so I can get to the stitching very soon. I'm thinking a cold lemonade on the front porch will be the perfect place to work on it. The forecast is to have nice weather, at least for the next few days, and the lilacs are in full bloom, so it will smell heavenly out there, too. I'll have a lot of stitching time to work on "Flax Farm" right here at Hickory Hill Farm.

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Slow stitching and sipping lemonade on the veranda with the aroma of lilacs sounds just delightful. I like your substitute Compass Barn and of course adding a Corgi! We have had thunder and rain overnight once again. Blessings Dear...xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I have that pattern! I love to follow progress on something like this. Hope you’ll show more pictures as you move along, esp I’d your barn and corgi!

    Carole

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna