May 3, 2018

Holly Berry Strawberry Ornament...

Finished Piece - Worked by D. Liljegren. Design by Erica Michaels Needleart Designs
 
I finished this sweet strawberry piece for a client. It's a lovely Christmas-themed ornament, stitched on 32 ct. "River Willow" linen from Lakeside Linens. The threads used were from Weeks Dye Works and DMC. I filled it with organic cotton (as requested), and finished the top with an organza ribbon and vintage buttons. It's approximately the same size as the strawberries I create, so it fills the palm of my hand. It's on its way to a new home today. 

Working on this piece was great fun, but it reminded me that my eyes aren't what they used to be. I pulled out a Dazor magnifier lamp like the ones I used to sell at Stitches. It sure came in handy!

I have two new orders that I'll start today. Busy hands are happy hands, and mine couldn't be happier!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Truly beautiful and a real Work of HeArt. Happy Stitching Hands Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful treasure & a keepsake forever. I remain in awe of your abilities with a needle!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna