May 31, 2018

"Flax Farm" Progress...

Stitching Sheep On "Flax Farm"

I neglected my stitching over the holiday weekend in favor of gardening and canning jelly. I made up for it yesterday, threading up my needle and spending the afternoon on wool applique'.  "Flax Farm" is coming along in fine form. It was overcast and cooler outside, eventually turning to rain, so it really was a perfect day to be stitching.

Newest Favorite Tools

I thought you might like to see my two new favorite tools for wool stitching, too. I began work on this at the last Sit & Sew with Lisa Bongean, and noticed she was using a pen I hadn't seen before. I asked her about it, and she graciously demonstrated it for me.

I also sit next to my girlfriend, Kathy, when we go each month. I noticed that she had a lint remover in her kit. I got mine out when I got home, and it works perfectly for keeping stray threads (and maybe a few dog hairs) off my work.

Clover Iron Away Chalk Pen
 
This is the pen Lisa was using. It's a Clover™ White Marking Pen. It leaves a nice line for stitching on dark fabrics, and is easily removed with a hot iron. I've quit using the Frixion™ pens because they were never designed for use on fabric, and I don't know their long-term effect on my work. I also know that the ink has a tendency to reappear in cold weather. This pen won't have that problem. Once the lines are gone, they're gone.
 
I drew the lines for the flax plants that I'll stitch as soon as I finish the sheep and hillsides on this half of the mat. I'll layout the other half of the mat and stitch it when this side is done. Do you like it so far?
 
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the info on the Clover pen - I always have issues trying to mark dark fabric! I also love the idea of the lint remover - cat hair is a big problem in my house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weather certainly changed quickly as has ours. Super warm to very cold in just a day’s swing. Lovely Flax Farm stitching. Thank you for sharing your new “tools”. The white pen sounds very nice. Blissful Stitching Dear...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna