May 11, 2018

Something New This Way Comes...

New Fabric For Brynwood

I'm so excited about this new fabric that I couldn't wait to use it to share it! This environmentally friendly alternative to leather and vinyl has me really motivated to start sewing with it.

It's resistant to chemicals and stains, easy to clean, resists cracking, peeling and delamination, does not support microbial growth, and is animal friendly. It's soft, supple, has a luscious hand, and will be a dream to sew. There were no plasticizers, PVC, or flame retardants used in its production, making it even more appealing...and a perfect pairing with cork (or my high quality linens, cottons and designer fabrics).
 
Enviroleather and Cork Fabrics
 
I decided to start with a gorgeous, deep purple fabric to coordinate with this cork. I'm going to sew up a couple of Kirby Crossbody bags, a couple of wallets and perhaps a larger tote.
 
Cork has a rating of something like 85,000 rubs (meaning that it can withstand a lot of use), but Enviroleather has a double rub abrasion rating of 500,000! I'll be using one myself to see just how it holds up. Once I know, I'll be ordering this in more colors to coordinate with my corks.
 
So, I'll get something made up over the weekend to share with you next week. This is going to be fun!

DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. My you do find the most interesting materials to play with dear. Happy sewing this weekend. You know how much I love your cork projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you use this outdoors?? sounds like you might be able??? if so I want to place an order....

    many blessings Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna