May 12, 2018

A New Toy...

Gen 6 iPad and Pencil

Some days come with wonderfully pleasant surprises. When I moved back to the farmhouse this spring, I tried to turn on my Gen 1 iPad, only to find that it was completely, irrevocably, and sadly "dead". I couldn't even turn it on. (boo!)

Then, I recently "cracked" my iPhone 6 plus screen, and lamented that I may have to spend the money to purchase a new one. (double boo!) So, yesterday morning, I made an appointment to take my phone to the Genius Bar at the Bayshore (WI) Apple store. Mid-afternoon, Handsome and I headed the hour south for my appointment.

Apple Pencil and iPad Cover

While waiting for my appointment, I was checked in by one of the geniuses, who took a look at my phone. I had purchased a screen protector this spring, and it turns out the crack was in the glass screen protector and not my phone!! We removed it, and my phone was good as new! (This revelation saved us about $150 (or the cost of a new phone), and a couple of hours' wait. (squeeee!)

Getting back to the iPad issue, Handsome decided to surprise me by letting me choose a new iPad. I chose this beauty. Handsome had a brand new Apple pencil (used to "write" on the screen to mark documents, etc.) that he also gave me, so now I'm back in business.

I got a protective cover/stand, and I'll keep everything together in one of my handcrafted cases when I'm not using it.

New Gen 6 Screen and Apple Pencil
 
I'd hoped to write this post on my iPad, but I still have a few things to learn in the new operating system before I can do that. Maybe tomorrow. Today, I'll be learning new things, and transferring a bit of data into my new "toy". Thanks, Husband!!
DonnaAcornSignature

2 comments:

  1. Good fortune on the cracked protective glass that did its job well. Handsome is a very good husband. How wonderful to have a new toy and to learn some new things. Happy Playing...<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. New toys are always fun, yes? xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna