May 25, 2018

"Flax Farm" Progress...

"Flax Farm" Progress

I have most of the pieces cut and prepared. The gardener is already fused, but I had to take Fray Check™ to the woven wool sheep bodies. The edges will be much nicer, and it will be easier to sew once they're all dry. The sheep heads (of course) aren't in their final position, but I'll place them after their bodies are fused to the base.

I spent time in the garden yesterday, too. I needed to weed the herb bed next to the house, and decide what else needs to be planted. three of my lavender plants died over the winter, so I'm going to get four new ones. I also lost a hosta (possibly to the rabbits?), so I'll get a new one to fill in the gap.

Once they're planted, I'm going to use a newsprint weed barrier and top with mulch. I don't garden every day. Since I fell in Chattanooga, I have an issue with water on my right knee that really should get a doctor's exam. So until then, I just have to limit my kneeling - ice it when it hurts, and garden when it doesn't.
 
I'll get the rest of the plants over the weekend, and plant them right away. Then, I may wait until early next week to do the mulching. Besides, I'd rather be stitching anyway. Well, that and spending time with family on a holiday weekend. I see a cookout in our future! How about you?

DonnaAcornSignature

1 comment:

  1. Please do take care of your knee. Safe and lovely Memorial Weekend Dear. It is raining here and the flora and fauna are truly grateful as am I. <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment today. I'm using new settings on my comments so that I'll be able to respond to your messages to me. Be sure to come back to see my replies!

Blessings, Donna